Monday, February 11, 2019

Ride in MA
Nobska Lighthouse
Sign while Tracting
Helping a Member Move
Wild Turkeys
The only fast food place on the Island
Ferry Ride





































































Feb 11th 2019   
 It has been almost 2 weeks into the new transfer. I am still just taking day by day here on the island, but I still have some moments where I feel anxiety coming on. Last week on P-Day we went to the wonderful beach and got to collect a few sea shells. I got a blessing from the Branch President.  There was one thing that stood out to me in the blessing ",Brayden, you will serve a full and successful mission". Though I may be struggling right now, that gave me the reminder I needed, I know that God is aware of me and that He cares for me so much at this time of need.
Later on in the week we did a few service projects with members of the Branch. First was with the Polley’s Family where we did a bunch of moving. We had to send a couple dressers out the window on the second floor down a long ladder.   (sadly, no pictures). Our next service project was removing cut wood from a families sheep farm, as we were there I was able to see the area where baptisms happen here in Martha's Vineyard, it's the ocean. That would be pretty cool to see an ocean baptism!  While with Brother Powell we talked a lot of family history and how the spirit of Elijah can be the step some people need for the Gospel.
This week while studying out of “Preach My Gospel”, I was studying the Christ Like Attribute "patience" and I learned a lot from it.

     Doctrine and Covenants 24:8 “Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days."

     Satan is trying hard at this time on everyone, especially the righteous. Satan will do anything he can to make you lose faith in Jesus Christ. He will put you through the hardest trials of your life to tempt you to fall away.  Just remember the Lord is always with us through anything that you will go through. He loves us all so much, and we should just have patience!

     That night I woke up about 5 or 6 times and I was so tired the next day. As it came time for District Counsel meeting we did It over video message. Elder Foutz and I had the lesson, we talked about following up with our friends we are teaching. We first learned how to solve a 2x2 rubik's cube and then I was asked to solve it. I was shown and told how to do it, but I still struggled because I only saw it once. As we teach our friends and invite them to act on their Faith and follow the commitments we give them we should always check in to see how they are doing. We had another day of service helping move the Polley’s home again to help them get the final touches with the house they are starting to repaint. They then took us out to Lachozas the only "fast food" on the island. It was a pretty good burrito. Finally, Sunday is the best time of the week.  I love that I have the opportunity to partake of the sacrament, it's to help remind me of my personal covenant with God when I chose to be baptized. The peace I feel each week is amazing and it always brings me closer to our wonderful Father in Heaven. We ended that day by going to the mainland for an appointment for me the next day. We spent the night with the Brewster Elders and did some tracting along the way.     

No comments:

Post a Comment