Monday, November 25, 2019

My new area of Newport, Rhode Island

Rhode Island District

saying good bye to Ollie, Larry, Myana, Peyton
Saying goodbye to Ollie, Larry, Myana, Peyton
Saying goodbye to Ollie, Larry, Myana, Peyton
My New Companion Elder Johnson from So. Jordan Utah
Saying Bye to Pam
Saying bye to Elders Leite & Elder White is going home
Cannon on the Plymouth Plantation
Plymouth Plantation
Hey, I'm flying Harry Potter
Harry Potter ready to crash land
Plymouth Plantation

My Awesome Companions Elder White and Leite

 Week 58 November 25-2019
New Area- Newport, Rhode Island 

Monday ended up not being P-day for this week because of transfers being Wednesday. Tuesday will be the P-day of this week. We went over to the Calas  Family to help them out and also get our laundry done. It took forever but it would have took forever back at our place anyway. We were able to fellowship them even more and talk to Jimmy (Sister Calas brother). He really is a cool guy and sometime in the near future I can tell he will be baptized. He has grown a lot from when I first met him. He even comes to church every week with the Calas! When we were there brother Berry came over and we were able to help assist in the blessing. It was by far the most powerful blessing I have been apart of! Some things were said that I cannot deny were from Christ himself! While waiting for our clothes to finish we played some chess and Brother Cala got to know me some more. He asked about my family and I have him the short story of my crazy family history. Not too much happened this night but we said good bye to Brother Gould and our friend Al Sears. At night we finally got transfer texts and it turns out I will be getting transferred.  My next area will be Newport Rhode Island, and I was honestly really okay with it. I can say I served in all three states that my mission covers!
     Tuesday was now P-day and after we finished up our needed to do stuff we made our way to the Plymouth Plantation. It is a step back in history and takes you to how Plymouth was when the Pilgrims landed. We went through different places there and learned about it all. First stop was the Wompanogs tribe of Indians area. They talked about how they lived off the land and how the kids helped catch the food and watched over the crops it was pretty cool. There was some arts and crafts area where there were artifacts from that time and showed how life was like for dining and what they were. The final area was the pilgrim village.  We stopped by each of the homes and even practiced how to spear someone. (No one was harmed). We talked to a lot of the workers (actors) and it was as if they were a certain pilgrims that came on the Mayflower.  Also while we were there we saw the Fort on the hill with a bunch of cannons. It was pretty cool! The Plymouth Plantation is a living museum and honestly so worth it! That night we had one last lesson with Pam and said our goodbyes to her. It is hard to leave before I can see her Baptism but she is still going so strong! She gave us each a Bicentennial 50 cent coin for the road and for us to remember her. Our last stop of the night was to say goodbye to Larry, Ollie, Peyton and Myana. I will for sure miss them all but they are still wanting to learn more! For the rest of the night we spent it packing up and getting ready for transfers.
     Wednesday was a busy day, first thing we did as all woke up to finalize our packing and cleaning up the apartment.  We cleaned up the car and we waited for the Brewster Elders to come meet with us. I took one last video of my apt to help me remember and said my goodbyes. We packed up the cars with our bags and celebrated Elder Whites 2 years of service with sparklers. We first made a stop by at Chick-fil-a in Plymouth because we were all pretty hungry. We then made our drive all the way up to Weston and met with a lot of missionaries who were there. It was fun to see them all and talk to a lot of them. I got some last pictures with my companions (Elder White and Elder Leite) and said my good byes to them. Elder White will be going home this week back to the real world. I met with my new companion Elder Johnson and we got the car packed with my stuff. Before we left I had a small interview with President then we made our way down to Newport Rhode Island.  The drive was pretty long but our first stop was with a less active member and his family.  We were able to get to know them more and have dinner with them.  We came home and I unpacked and settled in a little bit, we then went to bed for the night
     Thursday was pretty good, we were able to have a really good study session. After lunch we had a lesson with James. He is someone being taught and is interested in baptism.  We watched the Book of Mormon video with him and I got to know a little bit more about him. We made stop byes and contact attempts for most of the day, because we had a couple appointments cancel due to not feeling well.  We had dinner with some people taught in the past who have a bunch a friends who are members on Arizona. We had a Shrimp Alfredo with Salad, Potatoes and Asparagus. It was by far the best home cooked meal I have had on my mission! They have two cute kids who are very active. We had a good time being there and getting to know them more. They both have a strong faith in Christ and we hope to teach them more about Christ’s Gospel. We then came home for the night because we were there later at night.
     Friday was a long day of driving and destroyed the miles we have for the month. We drove back to West Bridgewater and had DLC. We talked about what are the focuses for this transfer. There was a funny quote given by President  "Be committed as a pork". We were given the example of a chicken laying an egg is pretty easy. To get butter from a cow is a little harder but still fairly easy. We were then given the example of getting bacon from a pig, and how the pig has to give everything for us to get bacon.  That is how President wants us in the work he wants us to give it our all and be focused in our areas! For lunch we went out to lunch at “Little Sammies” and it took them for ever to get my meal out, they lost the meal ticket but eventually I got it. Shortly after that we had to leave to make it to District Council in Warwick. We then did the same thing over again. We went out to dinner with the Narragansett Elders and then made our way back into our area. The cool thing about this area is we go over a lot of really cool bridges! We then went to the chapel to get a 5-gallon bucket of water and met up with Brother Dailey. He then took us onto the Navy Base and for the rest of the night we had a FHE event with the Navy School Members. We had a spiritual thought and lots of fun games. We talked to a lot of them and they are all pretty cool.
     Saturday came quick and in the morning we helped out the Barbosa Family get a lot of there heavy stuff into there garage because they are moving out soon. When we got home we had some studies and some lunch. Then we went to meet Brother Stephens and Brother Jones came with us. We got to hear about his story and about how he found the church as well. It was really cool to get to know him more. We then came back and met with Jackie and her daughter Seana and had dinner with them and shared a message about making the Sacrament more personal to you.  We went to the Church and met up with Tionna a new member who has been less active. We watched one of the Book of Mormon videos with her and she really liked it. She has a desire to serve a mission so we invited her to read the whole book of Mormon before she turns her papers in. She gladly accepted the challenge. We then came home for the night to prepare for tomorrow.
     Sunday morning we got ready and made our way to Church. I was able to meet a lot of the members, and James came as well! It was all about being Thankful and being full of gratitude. The first half of Sacrament was filled with songs. The last half was a talk about Temples. It answered the who can go into temples, what are temples, when can we go into temples, where are temples, and why should we enter into them, also how can we do so, it was pretty cool to hear! Second hour we talked about the Spirit and Personal Revelation. After Church we had Missionary Coordination with Brother Raposa. It went pretty well and we got a lot done. When we got home we had lunch and studies. After most of my studies I ended up taking a nap in my chair, I was pretty tired! We then had weekly planning. It went really well and we planned on how we can help out our friends this coming week! After dinner we dropped off our cloths with a member who helps out and does laundry for us. After that we met with Lloyd and watched a Book of Mormon video with him about the Lehi’s Vision. He really liked and had a lot of good insights. We then made a few more stop byes and came home for the night.


                        Proverbs 19:20
    "20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end"

     These truly are the latter days, and every time we read the scriptures or listen to a prophet we hear the council and instructions that the Lord is giving us. Be wise as this scripture says. I too am acting on the words I hear and I have faith to act upon it, because I know even though I may not know why we have these commandments or these instructions as we act on them we will be blessed. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment