Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ


Elder Brayden Knowlden in Rhode Island


Week 65 January 13,2020
  Well its Monday and as usual nothing to different today. After we got up  & ready, I was able to call home and talk to the family. I always love to do that, it's fun to talk to my little sister Kaylee. We then went to the store came home for lunch hit the library then the Church for the rest of the day. When 6 o'clock came along we went home and changed had a small snack then left to see Noel and Luara. They weren't home when we got there but after a few minutes they showed up. We talked with him and got to know how we can best help and Noel opened up about some personal stuff that's going on in his life. It was really spiritual and we both were prompted by the spirit to share a video with them.  We talked about the video and it was what they needed at that time. I am so grateful for the promptings of the spirit!
     Tuesday morning we got up and made our way to the Chapel to work out and shoot some hoops in the gym. It was pretty fun, I did a nice work out and I hope to get better like I used to be at working out. We then came home, changed, had breakfast and went back to the chapel. I had my doctor’s check up over Skype and all is well! We then made our way to Salvation Army for our weekly service. Turns out the food truck came an hour early so we didn’t have to bring too much in when we got there. We still had a lot of frozen meat we had to fit into the freezers and surprisingly we got it all to fit!  We helped with organizing and unboxing stuff in the pantry side, then took a lot of boxes out to the recycling dumpster. Brother Jones asked us for help to get it patted down. (We got into it and jumped on it to make more room) I had a little Extra fun and I ended up getting on top and jumped on in, it was pretty dang fun! We then had some lunch, helped a little more then came home. We had a good lesson with James on the Restoration but this time in English. He seemed to really like it and it made sense to him. We then had dinner with Brother Incze (En-za) we were able to share the “Look not behind thee” video and set a mission plan for him. We then went back to the Chapel for our Book of Mormon class, the first one of the year! We had 3 people show up!
     Wednesday after we got up and ready for the day, we were able to have studies and lunch. We then had a good lesson with James on the Book of Mormon! He is in 2 Nephi (the Isaiah Chapters) and we need to help him through them. Later we did some calling to set up future appointments.  We then met with the Mendes family and they are from Brazil. With them we helped set a family mission plan and watched the video "Look not behind thee". They are such a missionary minded family! He is currently going to the Navy Base to become an instructor back in Brazil. Before he leaves he wants to give everyone in his class a Book of Mormon in their native tongue! We will help him out with the languages we have and can get for him. We then came home had dinner and we were back on the road. We met with Jackie and her daughter to set up a family mission plan, it went really well! To end the night we met with a less active member and had an amazing lesson with her. We will now be meeting weekly! And hopefully soon she will be back at church. All 3 of her kids want to go but it's hard with no car.
     (Next few days will be shorter due to time I have to write)
     Thursday was a long day, we had interviews with President and it went really well, he seems to trust me and he is glad to see the hard work going on down here in Newport. We also have great companion unity! For lunch we hit “Chick fil A” then came home. When we got back home we did weekly planning and we did it at the clubhouse with wifi.  Then had dinner with the Evan's and also shared the video " look not behind thee" and made a family mission plan for them. We then went to the Library and I got into a study room and I was able to call my Sister Jessica and wish her a Happy 36th birthday! To end the night we met with Dante, it went well and he even reads the Book of Mormon. Next step is to get him to Church.
     Friday after we got ready we picked up the Narragansett Elders and drove to the Warwick Chapel. We then had a good training and sharing testimonies. We then had lunch at Wendy's and came home. We did our studies and I wrote up my testimony on Standing as a Witness of Christ. To end the night we had FHE at the Navy Base.  Basically just board games for them. It's always pretty fun.
     Saturday morning, went to the Church and we had Ward Missionary Correlation. It went really well and was super effective! We then came home and had studies. We then had an appointment with James and shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him to help prepare for Baptism. We then met a new friend who by doing Facebook Finding. She is super cool and so willing to learn, we shared with her the “Gospel of Jesus Christ.”  She so felt the spirit, and I saw tears of joy and of peace come to her eyes while in the lesson. Next week she wants to bring her daughter for her to learn as well! We then ended up meeting with Roseanne a lady who has been taught for a long time an "eternagator" we hope to help her out more with her faith and getting her to Church! We then drove to see the new family in the ward the Chiditers! They are super cool and we will be able to get to know them a lot while we are here and we are super excited! On the way we passed a super cool beach but sadly most of my photos of the week got erased. To end the night we drove to see the Gallagher family. And oh boy, are the kids crazy but a super fun family. We did a couple of magic tricks to entertain the kids and with them we also made a Family Mission Plan!
     Okay no Sunday, almost there. I always love that I am able to partake of the Sacrament weekly! We had a couple of great talks the second one was by Brother Jones. He talked about coming back after 15 years of wondering.  In the second hour (Elders Quorum) we talked about Helaman 5:12 building our rock foundation in Christ. We then came home and had lunch and studies. We them went to Brother Stablys house and had FHE with him. We played a fun board game! We then had dinner with the Hancock family and with in the past 2 weeks got 3 new pets. We then had a good lesson with Brother Mottrom on prayer.  He wants to enter the Temple and he is working to quit smoking. He gave us his lighters to help him out! To end the night we watched the YSA devotional with Elder and Sister Christofferson.  We watched it with James and he liked it!

     Here is a poem and my testimony on standing as a witness, Both by me.


     "I was pondering a question upon what I have read. "How can I be a witness until I am dead?" This Book of Mormon from prophets of Old. They teach and testify that Christ’s Love is worth more than silver and gold."-Elder Brayden Knowlden

     I have been pondering about this question "How can I be a witness of Christ"? Well first, what exactly does it mean TO BE a witness? In the dictionary it states that a witness is a "Testimony by word or deed to your religious faith". With that being said I want to stand as a witness of the truthfulness of this wonderful Book, "The Book of Mormon". Through reading it, my love for the savior and understanding of his love me us has increased so much! I know that I am not perfect and I have doubted it in the past, but I know for a surety that Christ truly does love me. He loves each and every one of us, and because of that he once again called a prophet in the 1820's after many years of confusion. That prophet's name was Joseph Smith. I know that a few of you may not agree with me, the Church, or may have fallen away but I want to stand as a personal witness to you all, that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true Church here on the Earth today! I have gotten to know many people from so many different Faiths and a lot of them love the Bible, but they don’t have a full understanding of what all of Christ’s teachings are. This is the reason why we have The Book of Mormon here today. It is here for that added witness of Christ and His Gospel! In the Holy Bible (KJV) 2 Corinthians 13:1 it states, "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." This is why we have both the Holy Bible and The Book of Mormon-Another Testament of Jesus Christ. These are the mouths of "two or three" it talks about. These Books are for each and every one of us to help testify of our Savior Jesus Christ! If you have not read the Book of Mormon and have a desire to come closer to Christ I promise you that if you read it, you will come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that you will act on faith and do what you can to come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that I am doing what I can every day to feel his love and help others feel it too! I know that my Savior loves me. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me too. Because of that he has sent his Only Begotten Son to atone for each and everyone of our sins, and for our trial's, our troubles, our pains and for our afflictions of every kind. Because of this he can give us added comfort in times of need. He also has done this so that we can once again live with our Father in Heaven and have Eternal life. I know I still have so much more to learn but until the day comes that I will see my Father in Heaven, I hope that I can stand as Witness of His truth in all my days. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment