Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 5 Brayden Letter Greenie in Connecticut






WEEK 5 November 19th2018
   It has been a wild week! I have had long, long emails and ill try to shorten them. I’ll be giving a summary of the week and not a day to day thing. Next I’ll talk about the area and the people and a little more. Also, one thing I have learned through the week. Last, end with a summary and testimony. 
   This week we did two exchanges!, one with the Cromwell Elders and one with the Zone leaders from Norwich. Both were really fun and I got to have more experiences with other Elders! There were two sisters in the ward and we had the chance to help both. One of them had a Harp and it was really cool to see one up close. 
   I got a package from home called the "Greenie package", it was filled with green candy and letters and pictures from my family! Later on in the week, It Snowed! I am not a fan and it was extremely cold, luckily it’s mostly melted at this point. This week I hit One MONTH!, It’s crazy it’s already been that long and I am loving every minute of it.
     This week with exchanges we did more work with members in the ward, it was great. I got to meet a lot more of them! Two families we visited the boys do wrestling and we get along really well.  Last nights Dinner appointment the Young family had an actual mat in the basement so, as bonding time I taught the 2 boys some moves I did in high school. Earlier this week we hung out with Brother Martina and he always has such amazing testimonies on obeying the Holy Ghost. Along with those three families I went to church and met many more members who I cant wait to get to know more about.
   One thing, well two things, I learned this week are about how to teach differently and the power of the first vision. First, with doing two exchanges in one week I got to learn more how to teach with different companions. This helped me learn that everyone is different in teaching styles, and its best to teach how they best learn. Second, the power of the First Vision. We have so many new things, pretty much EVERYTHING we have in the Gospel is because of the First Vision. I learned by reading Joseph Smith History as he began to pray the adversary came upon him, but because he kept on praying the light of God and His son Jesus Christ pushed it away.
     I like to end with a simple testimony, I know this church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, I am so thankful for the First Vision. I know through the First Vision, we can return with Him again and that the Book of Mormon is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ Atoned for each and everyone of us, and that if He had the choice to do it for just ONE person He would of done it. I know He loves me and he loves all of us, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment