Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 6 Thanksgiving and Keeping the Family Tradition Alive



Cutting wood with a member of the ward and keeping up with the
Knowlden Family Tradition of Moving and Stacking the Woodpile
Elder Pulu and Knowlden
Elder Pulu & Knowlden's duplex in Clinton Connecticut



Well I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving week! This week was a great experience. We have a new person we are starting to teach, and working on a couple’s baptismal date for December. In the spirit of Thanksgiving I gave my Thanks though letters.
     
Throughout the week I met a man, one of the members with dinner appointments. Unfortunately Elder Pulu had a huge migraine on Tuesday so not much got done as I would of hoped, I finished the Second book of Nephi in the Book of Mormon! Once again we had companion study with Elder Hodgkinson, our service missionary companion. It was great he has so much insight!

Thanksgiving we had dinner with the Folgulman Family, We are so thankful for their willingness to feed us. It was strange not being home for the Holidays, but I still felt the Love of a family setting. 
   
As it is now Friday and in the spirit of Thanksgiving I wrote everyone in my family a small letter of what I am thankful for them that has helped me grow. Also for those of you reading this if you want to write me back and forth just email me your addresses! My Email if you don’t know is Brayden.knowlden@myldsmail.net.     

Friday was awesome we had a member feed us a nice steak lunch, and it was really good! Later on in District counsel we had a great lesson on the importance of the Book of Mormon and bearing testimony of it! Saturday came and was a day full of service helping out Lars with moving logs around. (Yes I moved the wood Pile)... but it was great spending time helping him and getting to know him better.  Finally Sunday, Church was so great we had four speakers talking about the importance of the two hour time change to come in January and focusing on a Home centered, Church supported program. I soon came to find out as we had dinner at the bishops house that he is a professor at Yale University!   

In the spirit of thanksgiving I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon, through it ,I know that the Gospel truly is restored, as I read it and I pray for guidance. it answers my question, through the Holy Ghosts direction, it helps me know what to say in lessons and how to help others come to know of the truth of the Book of Mormon for themselves.    

If I could sum one Thing I learned today is something Domingo told me (one of our friends interested in the church) He said " I love when you read from the scriptures, you take brief pauses and its amazing, I have never heard it that way before, so thank you." As he said that it made me think, then I realized why it’s effective. As we take our time and not rush through it, we slow down remember that these are words of God and we should remember that it is important. If we are slower and take brief pauses we allow the Holy Ghost to help bear witness of the truth and the Book of Mormons truth. 
     
Kelly and Domingo are doing great we have had a few great lessons with them, they are so ready to learn so much more. They came to church and accepted a baptismal date! Lars we are still working on, as he said he isn’t ready YET. it gives us hope to help him along his Journey and help him when he truly is ready. Liz is great, we have had two lessons with her, and her husband is now going to start meeting with us! Liz has so many great questions and wants to better understand what is being taught. As we visit her this week we are inviting her and her husband Ron to attend church this week!

I love my First area so far it has been amazing. I love the people as well. I know that I am called to be here for a reason, and I know that Elder Pulu is suppose to be my trainer. As I go through this journey I know that God will put me where I need to be, and as the Holy Ghost leads me as I act on its words I can better bear testimony of our beloved Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment