Monday, December 3, 2018

Week 7 December 3, 2018- I will light the World

Activity Day Girls gave us Stockings at the Ward Christmas Party

Crazy picture with Christmas Sweater

Connecticut Temple

Connecticut Temple 
Ward Party -I will Light the World




Week 7
December 3-2018


Its finally December, I hope everyone has had an amazing week, I sure have and I am so excited for this week to come. With it being December LIGHT THE WORLD has started! This year is more about service, and it is great!

As I am getting to know the ward better we went to a family in our wards house for dinner. They made it a green meal, because I am a greenie in the mission field and it was great! Later on we had some fun times helping others move again, one time was with my old companion Elder Bond and his companion Elder Heness. Both times were really fun! That night we taught Liz again, this time it was “The Gospel of Jesus Christ. “

My first Zone conference was great! We had Elder Bennet a member of the quorum of the 70, It was amazing! One thing I learned is to go by faith and follow the spirit. As we follow the spirit we will have blessings. As we did more service this week I read Mosiah 2:17 "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God". I love how it says "only in the service of your God" as Jesus taught about love and helping others that's service! As we learn to love others for who they are, and helping them by love, we are following our Saviors example and we are serving our God.

District counsel was great and once again this week it was a lot about loving others and following the spirit. As we do those two simple things we will bless others and even ourselves. Our ward Christmas party was great! It was full of service activities! Elder Pulu and I rocked our ugly sweaters and had a room full of helping others find out what they can do to light the world! As we had dinner we had an awesome moment, the Activity Days girls made both of us stockings. It was awesome to see how they can make our day and the smiles they had.

Fast Sunday was awesome but even better it was the Christmas Devotional from the First Presidency of the Church, it made me think how can I prepare myself for eternal blessings not just ones here for our mortal life.

If you haven't guessed the biggest thing I learned this week was to love others and to follow the spirit. I want to say -I love each and every one of you. Anyone who has helped me to become the person I am today, growing and learning life experiences. Anyone who has made me laugh and smile, even those who gave me a hard time.

I LOVE YOU ALL, so thank you for all you have done for me.

Elder Knowlden

No comments:

Post a Comment