Monday, December 17, 2018


Service Project raking leaves
Zone Conference
My Friend Duke 


Week 9 Dec 17th 2018
     I can’t believe it’s already been 2 months since I left home to start this amazing journey! I forgot my journal back at the house so this letter will be shorter than usual. This week has seen some ups and downs for sure. Monday was great we went to hang out with the Waterford Elders for p-day and had lots of fun playing volleyball, basketball, and chair soccer. There were 8 of us all together.
    Tuesday we had a great Zone Conference. President Mavromatis (my mission president) shared a great testimony on planting seeds even in the ones that are hard to get to. We had a great example for us and it helped me be prepared better for these situations.
   Three times this week our 3 big appointments, all got canceled 2 of appointments are our friends with baptismal dates, and the others we were gonna invite them to be baptized. Luckily we got to talk to one of them at church and we set up another day to meet with him.
   Wednesday we met with Elder Hogkinson and had a good study session. As we got to District Counsel we had a great lesson on gifts and how they take time and it had meaning in them. We got our transfer information and luckily Elder Pulu and I are staying together in Madison Connecticut area! The people I have met are so amazing.
   Sunday was great. In Sacrament we talked about Christ’s attributes and how amazing they are. As we follow Christ we can receive these as spiritual gifts. That night as we were coming home from our dinner appointment I had followed the spirit and Elder Pulu and I went to one of our friend’s house to see how they were doing. As we got there we had the promptings to ask to give them a blessing of comfort and both Elder Pulu and I gave blessings of comfort to the two of them. As we were about to leave one of them said the prayer and she said “Thanks for having us over there” because she said they truly needed it.
 As it is the Christmas season my scripture is
        Alma 26:8 "Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his Holy name, for He doth work righteousness forever.
 As we teach others about Christ it can be hard to understand at times, and I have seen how through music it can touch the soul. This holiday season share with others, songs that tell of Christ I promise it will mean a lot to you and the ones you teach!




No comments:

Post a Comment