Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Happy Birthday Brayden is 20 years old

A river we stopped by
A Monarch Butter fly that I saved
The real Plymouth Rock 
Elder James from Weber Utah
Plymouth






























Week 46 Sept 2nd 2019
I'm now 20 years old!
     Today we got texts and turns out we are both leaving the area! I will be serving in Plymouth Massachusetts! We both were not expecting that to happen at all! We then left to see brother Kim to get our haircuts because we both needed them. After haircuts we went to the Roger's to start our laundry and then went to Kentucky Bell for lunch. At KFC they have a mac n cheese bowl with chicken in it, I had to try it out.  I ended up really liking it! We then came back to the Roger's for the rest of the day. We finished up our laundry, and they had a special dinner for me for my birthday. Brother Roger's made, home-made meatball subs, and they were so good! For dessert he made his famous chocolate melting cake! For my present they even found me my own ceramic cake bowl to make it in my new area!
     Tuesday was a super busy day, and very long. First thing we did was to pick up some totes from the storage unit for Elders in Waterbury Connecticut. They needed them to start packing up and getting ready for a new apt. After we went to the New Haven area again to pick up the PVC from last week. We had help from the YSA Elders to load up the truck. While at the Yale Institute I saw Brother LaRose from my first area of Madison! It was fun to catch up with him. After we got all loaded up we made out way home, we stopped at Burger King for a quick lunch break because we were hungry. We then made our drive another 2 hours in traffic to get to a late dinner with Sister Flynn and Sister Buchman, we ate at Pho Dakao and said our goodbyes. After we had to still unload the truck at the storage unit then we made one last stop bye with the Floyed Family. We said our goodbyes and let them know that we hope they continue to take lessons with the new missionaries. We came home and we were both really tired, I packed everything up so it would be easier in the morning to leave. Eventually I passed out because I was pretty tired.
     Wednesday after we woke up, we finished packing the rest of what was ours. All I really needed to pack was bedding and bathroom supplies. We brought up the new bunk-bed and got it ready for the missionaries coming in to set it up. After we made our way to see Kyle and have one last lesson with him and prayer and scripture studies. He them talked to me for a little bit to let me know how I did, what he liked and how I could work towards being the best missionary I can be. We then went our separate ways, after Elder Kilpack and I went to the Roger's one last time because he forget a couple things at their home. We came home and packed up the truck and got ready for the new transfer. We made our way to go say our last goodbyes to Brother Paganella and his wife. He sure will miss us. We then went to lunch at Chickfila and saw a bunch of other missionaries there as well. Every transfer day it's the place to be. After lunch we went to the Weston Chapel and we got all of out stuff transferred into our new vehicles. My new companion is Elder James and he's from West Weber Utah. Once again I have another companion who is over 6'. I wonder when I will be the taller companion haha. We then made our way to Plymouth, my new area. It took a little bit longer because it was during traffic along with it raining. When we got back to the apt we brought all my bags in and I did a little bit of unpacking. We then had dinner, and we made chicken and rice. With me being new to the area, I followed along with Elder James and we went to a couple of houses to check in on them.  For the last hour of the night we walked downtown Plymouth.  It was fun to walk so close to the ocean, I even saw the famous Plymouth Rock. It was a lot smaller than expected! While in downtown we handed out cards for a free Book of Mormon. We then came home and I finished up unpacking and went to bed.
     Thursday morning was pretty slow I did a small workout but then I was still pretty tired then lay down on the couch for a little bit. I then ate breakfast and got ready for the day.  At 9 we started to do studies, and I learned a lot of things for myself that I am pondering on. After studies we had lunch and then we started weekly planning.  It went pretty well and I’m trying to get to know the people better. Later we had a lesson with a new person we are teaching.  He is an older gentleman and is hard of hearing.  We had a lesson on the plan of salvation.  He expressed concerns he had and is waiting until he is ready to come to church.  After visiting with him we had a few more stop-byes and then ward missionary coordination. I met two members of the ward while there. After coordination our ward mission leader took us out to dinner at the Lobster Hut, it as he said it the "Lobstah hut". It was pretty good. I got Fried Lobster Tail and Shrimp! After he dropped us back off at the Chapel and we hopped in the car and drove to our apt. For the rest of the night we did some stop-byes with some members in the area. Once again the last hour we spent walking downtown.
     Friday we had a quick daily planning session then drove to the West bridge Water Chapel for District Leadership Council. While there we talked about being more bold in asking people to be baptized. We talked about how we can be better at it. After that we talked about the daily schedule and what it should look like along with a couple of stories to apply to missionary work. We then had a two hour break before District Council. We decided to go get some Chickfila for lunch, we then came back to the Chapel. In District Council we discussed the same things as in DLC. We stopped by the Woods family for dinner. It was fun to get to know more of the members and talk with them. Brother Woods made us Bratwursts and it was some pretty good stuff! We then came home and did some more stop-byes on the way. We met with an older couple in the ward with the last name Mormann, it will take a minute to get used saying that! We got to know them more and shared our testimonies with them. After that we came home to drop off the car then we walked the town for the last hour, and we were officially out of miles for the month. Lucky tomorrow was the last day of the month.
     Saturday was such a long day and we did a lot of walking. After we did our studies and had lunch, we walked for about 30ish minutes to a housing complex and we tracked there for about and hour in a half. We didn’t have too much luck, but we left our card with a few people who seemed somewhat interested. After we knocked about 100 houses we made our way to visit a member who lives in a nursing home. We shared a message on the restoration with her. After visiing with her we walked home and hit a couple houses on the way there. While at home we got a few more hand out cards and walked close by for a little bit. We then came home for dinner and went back out for the night. While downtown, we talked to a man while we sat on a bench and did daily contacting. He wasn’t really interested in a lesson but we talked to him about religion. He too is a part time missionary for his church and he’s studied religion in school. After dinner we walked to visit a part member family, on the way there we passed by a really cool river/stream and had to take some pictures.  We then visited the Sawyer family, and shared a message about the restoration with them. After them we made our walk to downtown and passed out more cards as we walked around.
     Sunday was a pretty good day, and it was fast Sunday so the only thing we really did was get ready for the day and plan for it. We then made our way to Church, the first thing we did was print out a dinner calendar for the month. After that we stood by the doors to the Chapel and greeted everyone as they walked in. We ended up helping pass the sacrament because they didn’t have a lot of youth due to it being Labor Day weekend. With it being fast and testimony meeting and me being the New Elder in the area I got up to bare my testimony. In the second hour we read from 1st Corinthians and we talked about spiritual gifts. After Church we came home for studies then left to be at a lesson. When we got to our appointment she wasn’t home, so we did some stop-byes with a couple people who were close by. We then had a lesson on come and see/come and help with the Mormanns. They also provided us with some home made chilly that was really good! After them we made our way to the Salmons family for our official dinner. While there Brother Salmons thanked me for my testimony. This is what he said “I'm not sure a lot of people were paying attention but you have a strong testimony and I really liked it. It was simply what you believe and not a story" that really made my day! They live on a cranberry bog and there were a lot of ducks walking around. Elder James went up to make them all fly away. We then went home to drop off the car, then met with Brother Gould a less active  member who we read the Book of Mormon with. After we read with him we walked around down town and had no luck at all. This area I know will be a tough one!

                 1st Nephi 15:8

     "8 And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?"

     At times when we question what is going on we should remember this from the words of Nephi "Have ye inquired of the Lord?" I know that God will answer all of our prayers, they may not come right away but they will come! Have patience and remember to ask God the questions you have and need help with. He will answer you. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment