Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Wrestling like Enos in the Book of Mormon


Beaver Tree
My Wrestling Shoes remind me of Enos 
Muthuen MA
Muthuen MA with my Savior
Muthuen MA Deer Jump Reservior
Elder Knowlden and Elder Foster having some fun


Week 80
Mon, Apr 27, 9:53 PM (20 hours ago)

     Monday morning after we got ready, I called home for a little bit then we went shopping. We then came home and relaxed for a little bit, along with having lunch. We then relaxed then went out for our weekly hike, this week we went to Deer Jump Reservation. It was pretty fun and really peaceful.  When we got home I called the family again until P-day was over.  We then had dinner and made a few calls. To end the night we had Mission FHE, today we learned more about Jerusalem, it was pretty awesome!
     Tuesday morning we got up and ready, we had comp studies, then our virtual Zone Conference, it was only two hours. The big focus was on the importance of using technology in the work. "The only thing we have in the work is our Voice, everything else is from God ". After Zone Conference we had some more studies and lunch. We then met with Brother Watkins (Methuen) and went over a message of hope and peace. Later, we made our way to the Chapel to work on Family History.  There is a gap on my moms side that we are trying to figure out and we hope to fill it out soon!  The Spanish Elders were there also and they invited us to eat dinner with them. We had some good burgers! After dinner we called and met with the Stice family (Billerica) and went over their family mission plan along with an uplifting message. I did a little magic trick and the kids loved it!  We came home and prepared for our Zoom meeting for Methuen. Tonight's message was on the Creation, what a perfect time because the next day is Earth day!
     Wednesday morning after we got up and ready, we made our way to Salem NH because our RAV 4 was on a recall and we needed to get it checked out. The Spanish Elders were in the same predicament. We saw them there, but we all did studies so we could be productive. After an hour or so the car was finished so we made our way home. We then finished studies and had lunch. Afterwards we then reached out to many people, trying to set up more appointments. We had a little but of a break, did more and then made a post for Facebook.  We did exercise time then dinner. We had our Mission Wide Fireside, and it was an awesome focus on the first great commandment "Love thy God, with all of your Heart, All of your mind and all of your strength". After the Fireside we had Coordination with Billerica and it went really well, we got a lot of work done.
     Thursday was a longer day. We had studies and today I finished the Book of Mormon. It was my quickest time of 31 days! Usually takes my about 100, but with us inside all day, we have more time to read. After studies we had lunch and then a lesson with Sister Carter (Methuen). We talked about family history and finding names for the Temple. After our lesson with her, we had lunch and then weekly planning. We ended up getting a call from the office missionaries asking about keys that were found in both Elder Foster and my previous area. (There were random keys found in the cars of our last area's) we both had no clue so they might be throwing them all away. After that we had work out time and then dinner. At 6 we had an amazing lesson with Angel (Methuen). We went over the Restoration and he loved the First Vision, and has a stronger desire to read the Book of Mormon now! He is so awesome and has a strong desire to come closer to our Savior in Heaven! We then had our second Zoom call for Methuen and todays message was on "The Fall of Adam and Eve". It was cool to see and recognize all the blessings we have from it. One of the biggest is the understanding I have to know absolute and Pure Joy from sadness and sorrow. To end the might we made a few more calls but it was a long day for sure!
     Friday was a pretty good day, we got ready for the day and were able to have studies. I got caught up in the Old Testament because I am behind by a few days, so it was nice to do so. At 11 we then had District Council, and we had the lesson and Roleplaying today.  It was focused on effective finding through technology along with having normal and natural conversations in chats with people we find. After District Council we had lunch, did some facebook finding and writing letters basically up until dinner. Afterwards we had a lesson with the Hongs (Billerica) it went really well. Brother Hong is from Korea! We then called people with expiring records. (Info that will be lost if no interest in 2 years). We talked to a lady with the name Marianne, she is a close friend with many members of the ward. We were able to share a little message with her, and she was beyond greatful! Though she isn’t interested, we feel that she will join eventually, maybe not In this life but in the Spirit World! For the rest if the night we did more calls and texts.
     Saturday, today was a full day of calling members again and setting up appointments for the coming week. After dinner we had a lesson with the Kelsey Family, and to end the night we had a great lesson with Betty Ma and Sister Stapleton!
     Sunday morning after we got ready we had our coordination with Methuen. After I ended up taking my shower, because I didn’t have time earlier. While I was in the shower I listened to the New Testament. After I got out we had personal studies up until 11. We then had our mission wide Sacrament and we had a few great talks! One on enduring our trials and another on our purpose here. After Sacrament we had lunch/ a little break. We then made a lot of calls up until dinner, sadly a couple appointments canceled. After dinner we had a great lesson with the Bailey Family, (Billerica). To end the night we made another Facebook post!
   
                       Enos 1:2
   "2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins."

     As many of you may know in High School my "Thing" was wresting. But at first I wasn’t good at all! As I put in hard work and lots of extra time on the mat I eventually got better. I have had matches where I completely dominated and on the contrary, I've been in matches where my opponent completely dominated. The hardest matches were the ones where both of us were back and forth, back and forth, it truly was a wrestle! Okay now to get to the point, I love this scripture in Enos because I know what it feels to in a wrestle as Enos states. At the end he was completely exhausted and after my matches, I was completely exhausted. As of recently I keep my wrestling shoes on my desk to remind me everyday to keep wrestling and to not give up! I truly want to thank my coaches for all that they have taught me through the years, because of them I strive to be more like Enos and give it all I got! I know right now it isn't easy but Coach Christ is on the side cheering us on! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment