Monday, January 28, 2019

Farewell to Madison Ward, 100 days in the Mission

Madison Ward Young Men 
Kelly & Isabella


Brother Ramagli
Brother Gil Dionisio



Cambells Bishops Family
Madison Ward 


Elder Pikes Horse
Elder Pike & Horse & Elder Pulu

Having Fun with the Elders

Walking on the Frozen Lake

Josephs Family

Kelly & Dimingo

Elder Pulu and Lars
Sister Nazari and Brother Gill Dionisio

Palastros Family
Ward Mission Leader Brother Proetau

Stephans Family

Young Family, a wrestling family 

Yale University



Week 15 Jan 27th 2019

     What a sad but wonderful week it has been! We found 2 new friends who are ready to hear the gospel, A few of our other friends are also just so close to a baptismal date! I have loved this area so much and I have learned so much in these past 12 weeks in the field. As of Wednesday I will be in my new area, sadly both Elder Pulu and I are getting shot gunned (white washed) out of our area. The Madison area is now going to be a sister area. My new area is going to be Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. Now I will be able to say I've served on an island!
   A few fun things this week, we went to visit Yale University it’s only 25 minutes away from our home! We had a great lesson on family history in district counsel and we saw Hammonasset Beach one last time. Finally we saw Elder Pike (a service missionary in the stake) and he wanted to show us his horses!
       Tuesday we went to see Elder and Sister Weismen to help discuss on how to best bring the ward together to help find others to teach, it went really well. I hope this will be an easy transition in the weeks to come. Wednesday was Elder Pulu’s 28th birthday and we had a great time! For lunch Brother Proteau took us out to lunch and we then helped in service. While we were waiting for a friend Elder Pulu and I found the frozen lake and had a fun time walking on it. Later that day we taught our new friend and on the first visit she is ready for a baptismal date! She is excited for our lessons to come.
Day 100 on the mission came this week! It was a great day. My mom sent me a package with 100 items for my 100 day in the field. It contained glow sticks, candy, suckers and fruit roll ups all with a scripture attached. This will be fun as I study the scriptures. I'm going to start with the word Light (form the glow sticks), Eyes (Chocolate Eyeballs), feet (foot long fruit rollups) and mouth(suckers). This will be fun and a different way to study the scriptures and learn of Jesus Christ.

We visited the Martins and I learned an amazing way Jesus taught. We cannot carry the cross ourselves, not even Jesus carried his own cross walking to Golgotha, This is an example on how we have to ask of him to Help us carry our crosses and to lighten the load. This is the lesson he taught us with never speaking. My last Sunday in Madison was definitely a hard one. The area is amazing and the people are even better. We had the opportunity to share our testimonies one last time to the ward. As the day went on, many members asked us to come over to say their last goodbyes, and we still have many to see.
I sure will miss the Madison ward but I am excited to meet the Members in Martha's Vineyard!
   
     This weeks scripture is Alma 30:40-41

   "40 And now what evidence have ye that there is no God, or that Christ cometh not? I say unto you that ye have none, save it be your word only.
  41 But, behold, I have all things as a testimony that these things are true; and ye also have all things as a testimony unto you that they are true; and will ye deny them? Believest thou that these things are true?"

    As the world distracts us from the truth, and the advisory is distracting us in all things we should remember the faith we have and bare our testimonies often and never forget of our wonderful Father who is in Heaven, I promise you He is their and He knows each and everyone of you by name, all he asks is to try and never forget your Faith in Him, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment