Monday, January 7, 2019

Happy New Year 2019


Kelly, Domingo and Isabella

Old Saybrook Lighthouse


Games with the  Cromwell Elders on P-day

Paulie Foggleman with Elder Pulu and Elder Knowlden



The Foggleman Family


Lobster Lunch with Lars

Elder Knowlden with Elder Merrill on a morning run


Jan 7th 2019


   Welcome all to the New Year! I hope everyone had a great week and I hope everyone is still keeping there New Years goals! For those of you who don't know a "Blackout year" is the one full calendar year a missionary has while serving the Lord.  January 1st to December 31st, this year is MY Blackout year and I can't wait to do it with a smile each day!
      New Years Eve was fun, we hung out with the Cromwell Elders again and we met their bishop and his family, they are really cool. As it came to the next day we did exchanges I was with Elder Grimsman and it was a good experience. We helped a member with a blessing and I love every chance I get to help with blessings.  Wednesday came and it was Zone Conference, it was amazing.  It was about diligence and listening, even a little bit about body language. While waiting for interviews Elder Pulu and I had a great companion study, I felt complete love and I am so happy that I have an amazing trainer like him. I know he is who the Lord needed to train me.
    One thing I learned from conference and Elder Pulu was awesome, I put it in a way to help me with my journal writing and I invite all too do the same, 
1: How have I seen the hand of God in my life today?
2: Simplify to only use five.
   As we simplify we get to the core of what's needed to be taught and it will make teaching so much easier.  As I use it in my journal I sum up how I saw Gods hand in my life that day only using 5 words.
   Wednesday we visited Hammonasset Beach its only 5 minutes away from us and it is so beautiful there and is full of so many shells! I love that God put all the detail in all things even the little things matter. Friday we had exchanges with the Zone leaders and I had a great time with Elder Merrill we had a good time and taught a good lesson with a recent convert. The next morning we had a morning run and it was super fun we ended up going to the beach for the 2nd half of the run, while we were there we went out on a jetty. We switched back and Elder Pulu and I finished the day with service, helping our friends Kelly and Domingo. Sunday was great it was the first 2 hour block and it was definitely different getting out an hour earlier. In Sunday School we all discussed how we can receive personal revelation. That night we ended up having a great meal at the Fogglemans. For “Three Kings Day” we all went around and said one nice thing about everyone and then one thing we like about ourselves.

                           Alma 26:3
 "Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work"
 
      As we look for Gods hand in our own life, even when we may feel lost and astray from his light, look for his hand he will bring you back to his light for it has never died. As we recognize His Hand in all things and bear testimony of it we ARE instruments in his hand!
   This week has been amazing with my personal journal, as I have been noticing how Gods hand has been a way to help me be a better instrument in His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment