Monday, March 18, 2019

Another Transfer on Martha's Vineyard with my new Companion Elder Mulitalo




cool instruments on the ferry

Our home in Martha's Vineyard
Elder Lemon & Halsell Transfer Day


Goats we saw while tracting
My new Companion Elder Mulitalo from Lehi Utah

Goodbye party for Elder Foutz

Remy the dog

New District Elders Knowlden, Lemon, Goodman, Mulialio, Newberry, Halsell
Sailor the Dog


Saying Goodbye to Elder Foutz

Saying goodbye to Elder Foutz

The Ferry Ride


Making my Dad Jealous









A fence made out of ski's

Huge Lobsters
















March 18, 2019

     Well it's a new transfer and I have a new companion, Elder Mulitalo! It was sad to say bye to Elder Foutz, he is an amazing missionary and he will do great in his new area! Monday was a pretty crazy day as we did an extra deep clean of our whole house, inside and outside of all appliances. I did most of it so Elder Foutz could pack, but we got a lot of work done. That night we had dinner at President Bilieaus home and we had lamb curry, it was pretty dang good. Not too long after dinner we had more people from the branch come over to presidents home for a small going away party for Elder Foutz. We had lots of fun. I was with the dogs but still really fun!
     Tuesday was another long day of saying Elder Foutz last good byes, just making sure he could see all the wonderful people he taught while he served here. We visited less active/part member familys. Only Zack (a kid we are teaching) and his father Tim were there, the girls came within the hour. While waiting for them, I found out Zack wants to learn how to wrestle! It was real fun. Teaching him a few moves and letting him practice them so he could get better.
It was a good afternoon while waiting for the bus to go say goodbye to Amy we talked to a girl with 2 really cute dogs and she has similar religious beliefs. She is a Jehovah's Witness, but she said she really respected us. We hope to see her again soon. It was a hard night as I found out my puppy Crissy back home had passed away,  we have been best friends for 7 years, but I know she is in a better place now. We walked home from Oakbluffs and we were skipping rocks, while doing that Elder Foutz lost his ring. Luckily he didn't care too much about it. For his last dinner on the island we had Lachosas. We then went to bed early to prepare for the long day for transfers.
     Wednesday, the last day with Elder Foutz, well only the morning. We had a quick morning as we had to be at the ferry at 9am. As we got back to the mainland we said our last goodbyes to the Leaders leaving. Most that day I was in a trio with Elders Halsell and Lemon. Our first priority was to get me a new phone, because the sim card wouldn't work with my old one. We went to 2 places that morning but no luck for the phone I needed. After that we went to the chapel to do a lesson over Skype, it was pretty cool as the man we taught now has a baptism date (He is in the Brewster Elders area). After that awesome experience we went to Best Buy to finally get the phone. While we got everything and went back to the car, they gave me the wrong case and screen protector. We now had to go to another store for them. While at the new store we found someone new for the Elders to teach, I just knew that was not a coincidence we had all this trouble. We then went back to the ferry to meet my new companion (who was with the Portuguese Elders).  My new companion is Elder Mulitalo from Lehi Utah. We then made our trip back to the island. That night we had some food and he unpacked and we had a late study session, then went to bed.
     Thursday, we had a good companion study, and got to know each other even more. After that we left room Oakbkuffs, to do contact attempts and to introduce Elder Mulitalo to the friends we are teaching in that area. We had a couple good contacts we were told we could return another day to give a lesson. Later on I finally got my full prescription from the other day it was never sent in. That night we went to the chapel to visit the youth activities, and Elder Mulitalo met most of the youth and the leaders. To end the night we did our weekly planning to go over all our friends we are teaching and how to best help them.
     Friday, we went off island for District Council. On the way there we had a super bumpy ride and it was pretty sketchy, but luckily we survived it! For our lesson we learned how to teach when we find and find as we teach. As we testify of the truthfulness of the Gospel we ask if they know anyone that would want to learn more. For the role play we did a simplified lesson on the restoration, to help us say what is most important. As we arrived home we were both extremely tired so we ended up taking a nap longer than expected. That night we tried to call the Church Office Building to get a hold of the Family History Center to help a lady we hope to start teaching.
    Saturday, was a pretty awesome day, we taught Art again and he still wants to learn more. He is the first new person I have taught while being here. By the end of our lesson we could tell he was pondering on what we said. We made it home and we decided to call EVERYONE that was listed as someone potential to teach, it was probably about 50 people. We did drop/stop teaching a lot because they sadly did not want to meet with us. On the bright side we did get a few people that want to meet with us soon. That night we decided to go to Oakbluffs to remind our friends about Church tomorrow. We just barely missed the bus so we started our long walk there. On the way there President Biliduea asked if we could talk in Sacrament Meeting tomorrow and let the spirit guild us. We gladly accepted. As we made our way to see our friends we first stopped by Zack and Melissa. We are trying to help Zack understand why church is so important and I taught him another move, that he really liked. We then met Rod and talked to him, but sadly he had a meeting he needed to be at so he couldn't be at church. Last we stopped to see Becky but she has sick, and was getting ready for bed. We ran back and barely made it to the bus home for the night.
     Sunday, was a really good day. In Sacrament Elder Mulitalo bore his testimony and introduced himself to the rest of the branch. I gave a talk/spiritual thought on trusting in Jesus Christ. I truly opened up on how this past transfer was hard for me and that I did want to move to a new area. Through lots of prayer and studying, even a couple blessings helped me. I even said I did start on medication to help me, and how maybe I was put in this area so I could start on Medication to help me throughout my life. I learned to put my absolute and full trust in Jesus because he knows why I am here. A lot of people complimented me on what I said and because I opened up, I spoke and testified from the heart. While getting ready for Sunday School Brother Powell asked us of we liked Lobster and if we have ever had them before. He then asked of we had the cooking tools required to cook them. Later that day he brought over two live Lobsters and we were not expecting it at all. It was fun to see them though! We then left with President and his wife to visit an older lady who was a potential. We got to know her and she said Elders have always helped her with service but not once have any of them shared a message with her before. I knew right there she is the one I needed to find here. I grew up to be very service minded but to remind the ones I serve about how it is service to God as well. We left her a Book of Mormon and she is super happy to start reading it and start to have lessons. We then left to the Browns home for dinner and had their St. Patrick's Day traditional Ruben Sandwich Dinner. It was really good. They gave us some for the road home. Whenever we come to dinner they invite their neighbor Tom over so he could have a spiritual thought from us. Its always good to see him, and that was the end to a long but amazing week.

                      Alma 57:27
   "27 Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually."
   
    I am so glad that I was raised into the Gospel. As I grew up I learned what is right and what is wrong. I have had a lot of hardships in my life that made me question God and why these hardships happened to me. Another scripture 2nd Timothy 4:7-8 has taught me a lot about keeping my Faith no matter why fight I go through. As I keep my faith in him and understand that he knows why I have these hardships, they are there to help me grow. This is how i have learned to have absolute Trust in both God and His Son Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

  2nd Timothy 4:7-8
     "7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
     8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing"

No comments:

Post a Comment