Monday, March 11, 2019

Saying Goodbye to Elder Foutz


Dinner MV
District Council

District Council


District Council

High Water Mark 1954

District Council
District Council

Kicking Ice 



Only Pay Phone on the Island

Service fixing the Greenhouse
Service Shoveling Snow
Only Pay Phone on the Island
Ripped Pants doing service

Wet Pant Walking in the rain
Waiting for the bus by the shore






Week 21 3-11-2019
      Hello everyone, I hope all is going well! This week has flown by real fast and the transfer is almost over! This past Monday we did a deep clean of the apartment just so we had something to do that day. It snowed all day and we couldn't really do anything else. That night we had dinner with the Bilodeau family, we had breakfast for dinner and it was pretty good!
     Tuesday was a great day as well, though it was really, really cold. While doing my morning workout, I listened to a really good talk from Elder Bednar on "The Priesthood Man" he talked about how we should all have examples and role models in our life that should show Christ like attributes. As I strive to be that way each and every day. It was really cool to hear, because in my personal studies I am focusing on Christ like attributes! Later on that day we went to Oakbluffs to do some contact attempts but sadly no luck. When we were heading back to the bus we were stopped by a guy on a mo-ped. He first passed us and drove back to see and talk to us. He wanted to know about when and where we met for church, and we even gave him our number.
     Wednesday, we got our hair cuts today, Elder Foutz cut mine and he cut his own. Both really good looking styles. We went and did more contact attempts with people taught before I got here and I met Becky. She is a wonderful older lady who is just like a grandmother to the missionaries as she says. She has two wonderful and cute dogs who just love attention. We just had a short conversation before we had to leave but we talked about how God is in all things in our lives.
   Thursday, while waiting for the bus Elder Foutz drew a plan of salvation share in the sand. When the bus came we traveled back to Oakbluffs for our appointment with Rod, but it was a longer walk. On the way to his house we just kept kicking balls of ice back and forth to each other to pass the time. While at Rods I had an amazing opportunity to give him a blessing of comfort. I even started to tear up in the middle of it. I know that he felt the spirit as I felt it so much. It was just full of Heavenly Fathers love for him. I love every chance I get to use the authority of the Priesthood. After him we had dinner with the Polleys family, each time we go it’s always fun to get to know them more.
     Friday, our last District Council of this transfer was real fun. The morning was pretty relaxing until we just missed the bus to get to the ferry. After that we had to run and not stop to get to the ferry on time so we can make it to the mainland for our District Council. We just barely made it as the last car was pulling in, and boy was I exhausted. Our District Council was awesome. We had a lot of personal discussions in it. While there we had a good talk on our mission purpose and what it means to us personally. We then talked about being a successful missionary, and how it is about the work you put into it and not the baptisms you can get. To end our journey from this transfer together we all bore our testimonies, and said our goodbyes to Elder Barney who is going home after his long 2 years of serving the Lord.
     Saturday, well today we had transfer texts come in and I am staying here on the Island of Martha’s Vineyard for another 6 weeks at least! It is going to be good now that it's getting warmer. Sadly though, Elder Foutz is leaving and he is such an amazing missionary and a great companion. He'll do great in his new area. Later on we taught someone new, and we hope to meet up with them again this weekend! After our appointment we went to do service with Brother Powell at the Norton Farm. We helped Jamie Norton with his green house and fixing the panels that fell out. I ended up ripping the back of my pants, haha, oh well guess I learned to always wear Jean's during service. It's okay though Brother Powell offered to get them sewed up for me. With Elder Foutz leaving we went to say his goodbyes to Rod, and he was sad to see him go. Luckily I'm still here, so he  knows and trusts me. After him we missed the short way home so we had to take the bus the long way. It wasn’t too bad we had a great conversation with John the bus driver. He talked about him and his family, even his religious beliefs. We then had the opportunity to share our beliefs with him, it was awesome.
     Sunday, ahh Sunday, I always love Sunday, it's the day of the week I can partake of the sacrament. Sacrament meeting was pretty good Elder Foutz gave his farewell testimony and said his goodbyes to the Branch all together. After his testimony we had two great talks, one was about hope and the other on the Atonement of Christ. I loved both of them, they just so happened to be two of the things I am focusing my studies on this go around in the Book of Mormon. For Elders Quorum we had a great lesson on a Christ centered home and how essential it is for kids to grow up that way. After church we went to say goodbye to Becky and she gave Elder Foutz a blanket to remember her and the vineyard. For dinner we made our journey to The Brown Family’s home. We had really good pulled pork tacos. We had a fun time talking with them and we even got a cute sticker for the back of our name tags from the girls. The parents gave both of us a picture they took in frames they made so that we can remember them and that we served here on Martha's Vineyard. At first being here was a real struggle but it’s definitely growing on me, and the members are just amazing.

                  2nd Nephi 22:2
   "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation."

     While doing my studies this week I have been looking up scriptures that bring up Christ like attributes. As we trust in the Lord just as he trusted in our Heavenly Father. I love this verse a lot, and if we do have trust in him, even if it's small and we are just starting to trust in him. HE WILL and He IS our strength. He will give us the strength to get through the challenges and trials each and everyday, all it takes is trust.  The promise we have for trusting in Him is an Eternal salvation and the opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father again. This verse also reminds me of hymn #89 "The Lord Is My Light" such a wonderful hymn. I hope you all take the time to go listen to it.
I say these thing in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment