Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Flat Tire
Mako fell asleep on my foot
sculpture
Christ Picture
Rock Wall we hit
Trio
Trio
Waiting for truck to be fixed at Lazy Boy
Add caption
Our District
Our District
Christ Picture


Week 35        6-17-19
     It was just a regular P-day, talked to the family, and they are starting to work towards my little Sisters Baptism! I am so happy for her and her faith she has to step into these special covenants with God and following Christ's example! I am going to talk to my Mission President to see if I can help out in Skype calls! We later went to the store and bought 5 bags of Brazilian Cheese bread, they are sooo good! To end the night we had dinner with the Roger's and their dog Mako fell asleep on my foot.
     Tuesday was a long day, took longer than expected, we had a big move. We first traveled down to Franklin Massachusetts. Over there we met up with Elders Braga and Foutz, they helped us out while we were there. We moved out a senior couple that went home. After getting everything into the truck and trailer, we travelled down to Quincy Mass to drop most stuff off. We met up with Sisters Hansen and Christensen and helped move Sister Massey into her new apartment. She is a single service missionary whose calling is for family tree photographing documents. She was really grateful for the help we gave, so she bought us some pizza! While we were there she fell twice so we had her take a nap as we left. I was even able to help give a dedication blessing on her home. It was a great opportunity to act on the priesthood. We then were able to swap a couple items she didn't take into our apartment so now we have a new desk chair! It's super nice. Then we didn't have enough time to drop the trailer off at Weston, then went straight to dinner at the Rogers. We had a lot of fun. We the
Went to stop by the Escobar's to check in on them. They even had Crispy Cream Donuts!!!  There are very few Crispy Creams out here. To end the night we dropped the trailer off at Weston then came home.
     Wednesday we had a lesson with Kyle in the morning and we ended up meeting at a local park. It went pretty well. We talked about commandments and the blessing that come from following them. We then made our way to the mission office to pick up some things for our move. We then made our way to the Cambridge chapel, to drop off the supplies. Before we came back we stopped by the mall to go get some Panda Express. It took about 30 minutes to find parking but it was so worth it! We then came home got changed and went out for a lesson with Francis. We went over a few of the commandments with in the church. He even committed to follow the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity! He has a strong desire to be baptized! After that we had a later dinner but we went to Uno's for dinner with the Buchmans. They are so much help to us missionaries. We then came home and got ready for exchanges. Elder Giatris and I went with Elder Woods to the Spanish program for the day. Pretty much as soon as we exchanged and got back to their apartment we went to bed.
     Thursday was a fun but rainy day. We woke up and had some studies. I started to read the Bible so I can have a better understanding of it and I know it will help me in my teaching for sure! I also studied out of the Book of Mormon. After we did our studies we went out to Marlborough to do service at the food bank. We met up with the Portuguese Elders there as well. Oh boy was it raining pretty well. We helped bring all the food in from the truck that dropped it off, along with helping organize it. By the time we finished we were drenched.  We then came home for Elder Woods to do Language studies and Elder Giatras and I passed out on the couch's. After we woke up we did some daily contacting.  We then made our way to the Roger's for dinner, and we had some delicious burgers! After dinner we went and did some tracting and a lesson. Elder Woods gave a whole restoration lesson by himself in Spanish. He did awesome and this is only second transfer in! To end the night we transferred back to be with our own champions again.
     Friday we had District Leadership Council, as of recently our District is changing up so in the new District starting next week Elder Kilpack will be a District Leader. We talked a lot about having a vision and setting goals to help others come closer to Christ. We then had District Council and the whole message was on Christ's Atonement.  They were many good insights shared and it was truly centered on the loving sacrifice of Christ's Atonement. Right after District Council we had a lunch at home and brought in our car for new oil, break check, and tire rotation. While waiting we went to the Lazyboy Store that was next door. We sat in chairs and couches and almost took a nap they were so comfortable. After an hour we went to go check on the truck and it still had around an hour left. So we had to cancel dinner because the truck was still in the shop. We decided to out to eat at Smash Burger while we waited. To end the night we did some tracting and stop byes.
      Saturday morning I packed for my second Exchange in the Spanish Program. I was with our District Leader Elder Neeley. We started by doing studies. When it came time for companion study, I was challenged to say a prayer in Spanish. I was even given a book to help me out. I tried the best I could but it was in both English and Spanish. Elder Neeley had extra studies for his learning a language so I continued to transfer my notes in my new Book of Mormon. We then had a lunch with a member of the branch and it was fun to get to know her more.  After we did some tracting in the area and we saw a canal and there was a bike in it. As I went to reach to pull it out my phone fell in. I then needed to hop in to get it out.  We did more tracting later on, in different parts of  our area. While looking for someone else at a home a lady came out and wanted to know more. She has an interest in finding a new faith that can help her and her son. It was awesome to be there at the right time. She even said she knows that God sent us her way. Cool part about it is, she is English speaking so I can continue to teach her with my companions. We then came home for dinner then left to our lesson we had in the northern part of our area. We had a good time, I even read in Spanish. All I can say is there is a reason I am in the English program. After a few more stop byes we came home and I wrote in my journal then we fell asleep.
     Sunday morning we got up, I packed took a shower then we exchanged back. After I got back with my companions we relaxed then we left to the Franklin Chapel to be at Stake Conference, where Kyle even came! There were many good talks. They were all focused on having your testimony focused on Christ and his Gospel. The question was asked “what am I or can I do to be a better disciple of Christ.” It reminded me of a talk from October 2015 General Conference "What Lack I Yet?" Even if we feel we are doing the best we can, there is always something that we can do better, so we should pray and ask God. He will tell you something personal that can help you progress towards being a greater instrument in his hands. After we got a picture with most the missionaries serving in the Stake (Black Stone Valley). We came home to have lunch and do some weekly planning, I was also able to call home and talk to my cousin who leaves on her mission this week! Also talk to my family and wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day. We didn't get too far into weekly planning until we had to leave to dinner. While on the way we scrapped against a side stone wall, and blew out the tire. First thing was pull to the side of the road and put on emergency flashers. We talked to the owner to swap information, and slowly backed the car into a side street for more room Then we were able to talk to the owner to swap info and see what we could do. He soon went inside and we proceeded to change the tire. It was raining pretty hard, and we didn’t know what tool to use to drop the tire. A gentleman pulled over in a super nice truck then proceeded to help us out. It was pouring rain and it took so much longer than expected. He was really kind and able to help out a ton! He only asked for us to pay it forward. All in all God was truly watching out for us. This was by far the most minimal damage that could have happened along with the guy being there at the right time! After we were on the road we called to inform our vehicle coordinator and we have to get the wheel replaced tomorrow. We then made it to a late dinner with the Apkes, and it was a really good steak and salad. We then were able to talk to the oldest about a Mission and our experiences with when and why we chose to serve. To end the night we came home to do a little more planning. We even found out that when Elder Giatras leaves this upcoming Friday we will be in a trio still, this Friday I will be with Elder Kilpack and once again Elder Foutz! It will be a fun time!

                   Mathew 19:20

  "20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?"
 
     In this passage a young boy who is very rich and is talking to Christ to see what he can do to follow him. He follows all of the 10 commandments, and is very faithful. Christ told him to get rid of all of his possessions, but he couldn't do it. At times we may feel like we are doing everything needed to follow Christ. We should ask him in prayer what can we do better? What is stopping me from progressing? "What Lack Yet?" When Christ answered our prayers who should respond faithful and act on the prompting that we may receive. Only then can we truly follow Christ even more then we thought we could! I promise you that if ask Christ yourself in prayer "What Lack I yet" and act on what you hear, you will have a greater love for Christ! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I also would invite you to read or listen to this talk. It has strengthened my Love for Christ even more!

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2015/10/what-lack-i-yet

No comments:

Post a Comment