Monday, August 19, 2019

Week 41  July 30th 2019
x



      This email will consist of 2 weeks of the mission.  It has been pretty crazy and pretty busy this past couple weeks. Let’s start with Monday July 22nd. On this day not much really happened it was our Preparation day, so was nice to relax. We ended up going to the Mission Office to pick up my new phone.  For dinner we ate McDonald's. After dinner we did a few stop byes, then came home for the night.
      Tuesday 23rd, was a long move day. We helped a set of Sister Missionaries in Boston clean out their old apartment. We did all the work because they had appointments. After a few hours of cleaning and filling up the trailer we made our way to Revere Massachusetts. While we were there we parked in the furthest area because there was no other parking. It wasn't too fun carrying furniture across the parking lot. Luckily we have some help with this part of the move. The Elders had a leave to for their appointment, so we had to carry the rest and it wasn't too fun with the big furniture. After we finished with that we went a Panda Express, we wanted Panda Express so bad we went 20 minutes out of our way to get it and it was totally worth it. It was a long day and we came back to Weston Chapel to drop off the trailer. We would unpack it tomorrow.
     One of the 1st things we did in the morning was to unload the trailer. Elder and Sister Rasmussen met us there. They were so grateful for us to help them out today, so they bought us Chick-fil-A for lunch, it was so kind of them. After we finished with that, we made our way to help out Brother Paganella.  He had some yard work needing help with. We trimmed bushes around his yard and it was pretty fun. On one of the poles in his yard we can do the flagpole exercise that takes some serious AB workout.  After service with Brother Paganella, we came home to change and meet Francis to help him prepare for his baptism this Saturday. We had a good lesson and he is excited for baptism. He ended up taking us to Whole Foods for dinner, it was so kind of him. We then came home to prepare for a blitz with our Zone Leaders. We met up with them at our apartment a little after 9:00 p.m. We were all pretty tired when they got there so I went to bed to prepare for tomorrow.
     Today was a pretty big move. We were helping the Auburn YSA Elders move out their old apartment. We were told by the Rasmussen's have this would be a big move, and boy were they right! We are glad to have the Zone Leaders to help us out.  In total there are 6 of us and it still took 14 hours. We took a little break for lunch, and of course we ate at Panda Express. We're glad there was an elevator to help us out, there a few pretty big items. I honestly didn't think we could fit everything, but we did! We had to leave by 4 o'clock to be our dinner appointment/lesson with the Roger family. Our message was from preach my gospel, it mentions that preach my gospel is for all members not just missionaries.  We invited them to read chapter 4 approach my gospel "Recognizing the spirit". We then came home with the trailer to have an exchange inventory with the Zone Leaders. I learned a lot from both of them, about what they've learned from me. Elder Toronto invited me to ponder and think of my goals I wanna have before my mission is over. Elder Kunzler really likes how personable and my desire to share message is. He said I am very optimistic and have a lot of hope, which is good for missionary and to be human. I never really thought of myself that way to have all the hope, but I am very optimistic! With the little time we had left elder Killpack and I dropped off the trailer at Weston chapel. We would have to empty it the next day.
      Today, we had DLC with the Zone Leaders and other District Leaders. We talked about some stuff in the mission that we are trying to improve on, most of it was just a reminder. After we drove down to the Franklin Chapel to be at District Council. Today's lesson was on charity, not only in ourselves but in the friends we are teaching. Charity is a Christ like attribute, and we should all strive to have it. We had a quick lunch when we got back home. We then had to go unload the trailer, it took longer than expected.  Afterwards we spent the rest of the night with the Rogers.
     Saturday the first thing we did was an 8:30am lesson at Callahan State Park with Andie. We had a really fun time on a small hike that took about 45ish minutes to finish the trail. There are so many beautiful sights and things to see here. While on the walk we talked to Andie about her and the concerns she continues to have. Unfortunately she looks up stuff off the internet and isn't true doctrine from the church. When we do answer her questions she doesn't fully except them to be true. After our lesson with her, we ate breakfast at the Rogers home. They were saying goodbye to their foreign exchange students because they left later that night. After breakfast we came home got ready for the baptism for Francis. Both of us still had to prepare talks. I give the 1st talk on Baptism and Elder Killpack give a talk on the Holy Ghost. The Baptism was so wonderful to see and we are so happy for him! It was a smaller baptism but even Kyle came to see it. This is the1st baptism in the Church he has seen. He thought it was interesting and different but he liked it. After the Baptism we went to Men's Warehouse because I have a $50 certificate I needed to use. I ended up getting two ties, each one to better blend with my two new suites. To end the night we went to Burger King for some food because we didn’t eat dinner and we were hungry.
     Sunday was great. Francis was officially confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Both Elder Kilpack and I stood in and participated in the confirmation. Brother Buchman was the voice of the blessing. We also helped pass sacrament to help out the Deacons. In Sacrament Meeting there was a really good talk on Faith, one about the power, The power of the Book of Mormon. To end we heard Jacob Hansen, he is a recently returned missionary who served in Colorado. He talked about three of the lessons he learned while serving. In Elders Quorum we talked about how God is in the details of our life. After church we had a really good lesson with Sister Flynn on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We then came home for studies and I ended up taking a nap, I must have been pretty tired. Later on it came time to go to dinner with the Cope family. While there they had the Macananti Family and Sister Charline Jesus. It was a pretty fun surprise to see them all there. It was also really fun to get to know them all better. When it came time for our message, we talked about how we can better prepare for Sacrament and how it can be more meaningful to you personally. I shared what I have done personally, as I have switched a few words in my mind in the Sacrament Prayer from plural to singular nouns it has been so much more meaningful to me. Dinner was a little later so to end the night we came home to pack and we came to the Roger's home to house sit, they are all on vacation. We are also helping take care of their animals. I was happy to be able to help them out along with Elder Kilpack, but he isn't as big of a to fan of the animals as I am.
   
     The sacrament blessing how
          I read them in my heart

                       Bread

     O God, the Eternal Father, I ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to I the soul of who will partake of it, that I may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that I am willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him and keep his commandments which he has given me; that I may always have his Spirit to be with me. Amen

                         Water

     O God, the Eternal Father, I ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this water to the soul of I who will drink of it, that I may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for me; that I may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that I do always remember him, that I may have his Spirit to be with me. Amen.

        As I have been doing this, the Sacrament has been so much more powerful to me. I know that Jesus did die for each and everyone of us. I also know that if he had to be crucified to just save one soul that couldn't return to live with God again, and it was me, HE WOULD still choose to be crucified. This is why I enjoy the sacrament. I am imperfect and I fall a lot, but because of the atonement and the sacrament I can become closer to perfect every day, I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment