Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Crazy Week


Week 94, 8-4-2020

   This for sure has been a crazy week, it's the new transfer I said goodbye to Elder Maldonado and Hello to Elder Briscoe. He is an awesome missionary from Chicago Illinois! He is also one of my previous companions cousin (Elder White). Unfortunately by the end of the week he made the decision to go home, it was hard to say goodbye but I hope he gets the help he needs.
     This past week was full of training and texting people! One for trainers, One for District Leaders, another District Leader training, and finally District council. Monday we had Zone Conference and I gave a training on the importance of appropriate dress and grooming. While I was in Zone Conference Elder Briscoe was packing up. Shortly after Zone Conference ended the West Westerly Elders picked us up and we drove up to Belmont to drop off Elder Briscoe at some other Elders apartment because he leaves in the morning to go home. I will be in a trio with Elder Reid and Elder Davis for about a week. On the way up we stopped by the Boston Temple!


     If there is one thing I learned this past week it is that "No effort is wasted". I had a great time getting to know Elder Briscoe before he went home and right now it is an extremely tough time to be a missionary! He gave it his best while he was here and I am beyond proud of him for what he did. He was young and not quite ready but his testimony is strong!  The Lord loves effort and he gave it his all.  I hope and pray that when the time is right he will be able to come back out and get more ready! In all things that we do it will never be perfect to a "T" but it's worth the effort we were able to give. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment