Monday, April 29, 2019

Leaving Martha's Vineyard and into my new area




District Bowling
Jewel a friends Dog
Adam Biliduea and Elder Mulitalo

Leaving Martha's Vineyard for the last time

District while in Martha's Vineyard

District
District Bowling at Friendly's





Lunch at Friendly's
My New Companion Elder Giatras
Saying Goodbye to Marie Allen
Saying Goodbye to Elder Mulitalo

Week 28 April 29 2019
     Well it was the last few days of the transfer and in Martha’s Vineyard. I am now serving in a new area. I am serving in Framingham Massachusetts; I am also now a moving Elder. What that means is when a companionship needs to be moved out or to a new apartment we go with the trailer to pack everything and bring it to where it needs to be.
     Monday we decided to do a District Preparation Day so we went off Island to go meet up. It rained all day, so if we did stay we would have been stuck inside. When we got to the mainland, we got picked up by Elders Halsell and Lemon. We traveled up to Hyannis to go bowling with the Portuguese Elders, Elder Newberry and Goodman. It was pretty fun we played three games, and each time I got even better. After we finished our third game we went out to lunch at Friendly’s and it was pretty good. It was still raining by the time we got back to the ferry to go home. When we got back to the Island it smelled so nice with the ocean breeze mixed with after rain smell.
     Tuesday was my last day on the Vineyard and it was pretty well spent, for the most part. We went over to see Marie Allen. We were able to get a ride from Adam Biliduea and he even helped us out. She was sad to see me leave so soon. After her, we came home for lunch and called a few of our friends we are teaching. We didn’t have much luck. I did leave some voice messages to let them know I was leaving. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see everyone before I left. That night we had dinner at the Bilodeaus home. After we they had a farewell party for me and invited the branch, it was fun but sad to say the last goodbyes. With my tape recorder I had everyone leave a message for the road. The reason being, when I listen to it I can put a voice to a name. They gave both Elder Mulitalo and I a tie with the Island of Martha's Vineyard on it. After we came home and we went to bed to get ready for the next days journey.
     Wednesday is Transfers day, when I woke up I did my last packing, mainly just my bedding. Luckily on Monday I already brought over my two big suitcases so it was much easier this time. As we were going to hop on the bus. A friend of President Bilodeou, Mike was outside and he told us to hop in, because we need to leave in style. It sadly was my last ferry ride for the mission. I typed up a bunch of notes for the area of Martha's Vineyard so that it can help the missionaries to come. As we got to Woods Hole we were picked up by the other Elders in the District. We all went to lunch before our trip to Weston. It was s good run together as we all got to Weston we took our last pictures together. I then said my good byes to Elder Mulitalo and Hello to my new companion Elder Giatras. We didn’t do much, just talked to other missionaries at transfers, and we then got a big group photo together, shortly after we left. We took some of the Boston Elders back to there place because they are in a walking area. After we dropped them off we went to dinner with a member. They took us to "pho 2 chow" it was super delicious! After dinner we came home for the night.
     Thursday, first thing we did in the morning was go to the mission office so we could get a new sim card. The previous one got stuck in another Elders phone. After we got the sim card fixed we went to go do a lesson with a lady who was a referral. When we got there she didn’t answer. The member that came with us asked if we had time for some service for him in the yard. It was pretty fun to get to know the members more as I am in a new area. While we were there he had a huge bear carving that we helped move so he can paint it. While at his home I found out that he served in the military, so I thanked him for his service, then he said something I will never forget ",I have earned many badges and medals for serving our country, but you earned and are wearing a badge that is worth more then mine, you have a badge for serving Christ" it was powerful for me to hear that from a veteran. After we finished he took us to Burger King. We had to hurry back and change so we could go back to the lady we were going to teach in the morning. She has lots of awesome questions and she is super cool. We plan on meeting her later this week. We then went to dinner with the Taylors family. The wife works online and my cousin is her coworker, it sure is a small world especially in the church. After dinner we went over to help a member move a big and heavy shelving into her house. While we were there we had an awesome conversation about the scriptures and putting it into Greek meaning and translated into a new way of thinking. I really did like it learning more about getting more out of my scripture reading. 
     Friday morning the first thing we did was travel to Weston to hook up the moving trailer. After we got it all hooked up I practice driving it a little bit and then backing up, oh boy will this be fun getting used to. We then went to District Council.  We had a good lesson on planning and setting goals for missionary work. After we changed into service cloths and made our way to help Elders move in Hartford Connecticut, oh boy was it a long day, but it was super fun. As we got to the apartment I had to help back up our trailer into an area so we could load the truck. While backing up it was pouring rain and I got drenched! We then went to another apartment to pick more stuff up. After we went to the final apartment. The new one to drop everything off. The Elders that live there did all the organizing after we left. We then had to hurry to our dinner appointment with Brother Kim at Olive Garden. It was awesome to get to know him and his story of coming to America from Korea. While at Olive Garden I got the Zuppas Tuscanos soup because I have been craving it! To end the night we went to McDonald's and get a smoothie for a lady we are teaching. While we were there a man stopped me and he told me I looked really familiar to him. We ended up talking to him a little bit. Before we left he let us know to "tell everyone in Utah Steve says hi"-Steve (random guy at McDonald's). So to all my friends in Utah if you are reading this Steve says hi. To end the night we then went to visit Charline, she is our most recent convert in Framingham.
     Saturday, we finally had time to do some studies and do some weekly planning.  We got a lot done. While we were getting ready for service with Brother Nick we got a text from a friend we are teaching. We ended up visiting with her first at Ashland State Park. While we were there I saw so many dogs and it made me super happy. We didn’t stay to long but she had some good questions that we were able to help answer. We then traveled to Brother Nicks home to do some more yard work. We are helping put wooded bored/ lining on the brick path to his backyard. He was so thankful he gave us coupons to eat at "Unos Chicago Pizza" it was pretty good and we had great service. That night we were able to have a lesson on Temples with Charline at the Waltches family. We are hoping she will be able to go do baptisms for the dead this next week!
     Sunday we had an early ward missionary correlation with the ward executives, to see how they can get more involved in the work. It went pretty well, its’ the best one I’ve seen so far. After we had an awesome sacrament on obedience and the commandments. In Elders Quorum we talked about showing service for others. Came home to do studies and finally finish our weekly planning. After we finished we swung by a part member family to check in on them. The husband is really into animals and me and him got along really well. We left not to long after to go to dinner with Bishop Crichton and his family. Our message was on being a disciple of Christ and bearing your testimony to at least one friend this week, we are going to follow up next week to see how it went. After our dinner we went to go check in on a less active family, unfortunately they weren't home. While we were in the area we did some stop by’s for our potentials list. We had some good luck and we have a couple appointments set up for the week. We both had to use the restroom but the gas station that was close by, their bathrooms were broken, so we went to Burger King. While we were there we met a homeless man named Anthony, and we talked for him for a little bit. It seems he has talked to missionaries in the past. I just had a prompting to give him my umbrella. His face just lit up with Joy. He was so appreciative we hope to see him around. After him we did one last stop by to see a family. They are a referral from another area from a couple weeks ago. We just came and introduced me and got to know them even more. While we were there they have Maltese dog named Jewel, and I just fell in love. We are planning on meeting with them later this week to share a message. If we do all that we scheduled, this week we will have found 4-5 new people to teach!
 
              Words of Mormon 1:8
 
   "8 And my prayer to God is concerning my brethren, that they may once again come to the knowledge of God, yea, the redemption of Christ; that they may once again be a delightsome people"

    Prayer is quite powerful; if there is one thing I have grown to love is my personal prayers. As I pray I truly feel as if I am talking to God. I truly know that He is listening to me. I say what I feel and Express my concerns. I always pray for my family and there safety.  Along with the friends we teach that there hearts may be open to feel the spirit. I know that God loveth all of his children, and He is always wanting to hear our own prayers. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
Transfer Day


No comments:

Post a Comment