Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Week 87-Transfers coming next week







Week  87    6-15-20
     Monday, it was a pretty good day, right when we woke up and got ready we did put shopping for the week so we didn’t have to stress about it later on. When we got back from the store we had a District Activity over Facebook messenger, we really just talked and got to know each other better. Afterwards we both called home for a little bit and it was nice to talk to my family. Afterwards we went on a hike to Ward Reservation in Andover MA. It was really fun. At the top we were able to see the Boston Skyline! It was such a nice hike and a good work out. On the way home we stopped by market basket for some ice-cream. We then relaxed and called family again. After dinner we texted a lot of people who were taught in the past. One man responded with wrong number so we decided to ask him if he was interested. He then had us prove we were not robots. We then introduced ourselves on a more personal level. He then asked us what my purpose was. From his point of view he thinks he is talking to just me. I told him that I want to help others come closer to Christ and help them towards baptism. If they don't chose to be baptized that's okay. I simply want to do what I can to help others come closer to Christ. Because of what I said he was touched and it sparked his interest even more. We then were able to text him an uplifting message from the Book of Mormon. He really liked it and he said he would be okay with continuing to text him uplifting messages! At first he seemed standoffish and still is a little bit but by the end we got his name! Hopefully soon we will be able to meet over video call, It was a great night! After 9pm we got a call from our Zone Leaders, Elder Lee and Elder Rindlisbacher. They called to check in and see how we are doing. We then played a pattern game called "Black Magic" and don’t worry it's nothing bad it's fun to play with those who don’t know how to play!
     Tuesday nothing to big happened, it was the typical morning. Get up and ready, have personal and comp studies and then lunch. Shortly after lunch we had a mission devotional given by the Lazenby's. They are members in the Boston area but are currently serving as Mission President and Wife down in Brazil, 3 of their missionaries have been reassigned to serve here! A little bit after we had exchanges with Lynnfield and this time I was with Elder C. Foster, he is a pretty cool guy and he came out with me. Afterwards we decided to have Chickfila for dinner and went to Walmart to buy some painting supplies, and some sculpy clay, it is pretty fun! When we got home we had a lesson but he said to call back in a couple of hours. When we did he didn’t answer, sadly because this has happened a few times before we made the decision to stop trying because we know there are others to focus on who are ready! Tonight's Gospel Principle class went really well, Angel came and had some great insights! To end the night we texted about 15 people who were taught in the past and two of them said they were interested! To end the night I started to write in my 4th journal on the mission!
     Wednesday went pretty well the morning was rough because I was so tired, eventually I was able to get up and ready for the day. My studies went really well, and I was able to keep focus the whole time, and was able to catch up from a couple days I missed (I have a set schedule). During comp studies we did some painting for fun! Afterwards we had lunch and then reached out to grey dots (people taught in the past) and members. After a little bit we took a break and checked the mail. I got a package from my high school wrestling coach. I got "A Marvelous Work And A Wonder", "Mission Accomplished by Matt Brown" and "Drawing on the Powers of Heaven". Matt Brown was my Role Model as a senior. He is the First returned missionary to be an NCAA Champion in Wrestling, he wrestled for Penn State. When we got back it was time for our District work out, and we did a Taekwondo warm up, led by Elder Butler. After dinner we did a lot of contacting to members and grey dots again!
     Thursday went pretty well! It was a regular morning with a good study session! After lunch we had a fun FHA activity where we were able to hear from James Curran (James the Mormon). It was cool to hear his story and how it shaped him to be who he is today. Afterwards we were able to call home for a little bit. We then had Sister Holmes dropped off dinner for us, it wasn't quite dinner time, so we put it in the fridge for the time being. We then called Wilson, a man who is interested in Bible studies. When we called he sounded pretty busy so we rescheduled. Shortly after we had a call with Brother Ortiz and it was good to catch up with him! After dinner we had a great half lesson with Angel where we went over the first 7 Articles of Faith. He then had to help his mom out and drive her around. We planned on finishing up tomorrow. We then had two good Gospel Principle classes one with each ward. To end the night I called home again I was able to talk to my brother Tyler who was visiting from Oregon, it was really fun to catch up with him!
     Friday went pretty well! I had a really good study session and I officially finished the Book of Isaiah in the Old Testament! After studies we had District Council, it was the last one of the transfer, so we made guesses on who is staying and who is leaving, we are all pretty sure I will be leaving. The District Council discussion was on Christ like attributes. In Peach my Gospel Chapter 6 it has an activity where you can rate yourself on different aspects of different Christ like attributes. We then talked about and shared experiences from our mission on that subject. For the roleplay we did it on building members testimonies. After District Council we had lunch/ break time. Not too much later we had training on the ED app, basically a bunch of lessons/ trainings on how to better do missionary work in this time. Afterwards we had a good call with Brother Howard, not to soon after we had a great lesson with Angel.  We finished up the Articles of Faith and went over daily scripture studies. He was then able to download the Gospel Library app! After dinner we had three lessons, we did the family mission plan and shared a scripture. We met with the Fitisemanu's, Hecht's, and the Clemente family! We sure had a busy night!
     Saturday went pretty well, but it felt like such a long day. Luckily we didn't have an admin training today. I had a pretty good personal study session and I started to read the Book of Jeremiah! Afterwards we then had a good companion study session and then lunch. After lunch we stayed pretty busy with weekly planning and working on the Methuen Progress report. We then took a little break and had a zoom lesson with Brother Howard. After Brother Howard we reached out to a few people taught in the past. After dinner we reached out to members suggested to us by the ward council and that went well! To end the night we had a great lesson with Betty about repentance and the pre-earth life, she had lots of awesome insights!
     Sunday morning I woke up with a head ache and it stayed most of the day. After we got ready we ended up having a really good Ward Coordination with Methuen, we got lots of help and insights to help out the work! We then had a break and hopped into studies and I read D&C 124, it is such a long section! Afterwards we joined the Stapleton family in a Sunday service with Betty. We even had the chance to bare our testimonies! Afterwards we had lunch and a little bit more time for studies. Today we didn’t have a Sunday service with Angel but we invited him to join the Elders Quorum zoom call at 1:00 instead. We couldn't make it because we met with the Swansons and had a super spiritual and uplifting meeting about our own person purpose in life. Afterwards we had our Mission Sacrament Meeting and heard from a few members of the Stake Presidency in Springfield. I was so tired and sadly didn’t get much out of it, but I do remember the first talk was about "God is in the Details ". Afterwards I took about a 20 minute nap and when I woke up my headache was finally gone! We then called to Brother Howard and went to the Chapel to record another music video for Elder Foster. We are going to compile about five music numbers from different missionaries into a15 minute video for our page. We didn’t get back to the apt until about 5:45. We then had another awesome lesson with Joyce and Sister Malstrom afterwards we finally had dinner and I worked on my email. We then reached out to members including Brother Andersson about coordination and we got a lot of good insights! Well to end the night transfer texts came in and... I will be getting transferred to Norwich/Ashford Connecticut! I will also have the wonderful opportunity to be a District Leader and I am excited to learn!
   
                       Jeremiah 1:5

     "5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations"

     We truly did live with God before we came here to Earth! Just as He knew Jeremiah and the path he had as a prophet, he knows our path as well. It may have took time but as I go into the new transfer this coming week, I will have leadership for the first time. I know that I needed to learn and grow from these past 20 months so I can best fulfill this assignment! We all have our path to work on but it will come at the time to best help out the ones around us and ourselves! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen   



No comments:

Post a Comment