Friday, June 5, 2020

Brother & Sister Allen loaned us a AC unit
Chrystal Shores Lake
Meeting the other District Leader
Mom likes this one!



Week 85  June 1 -2020

   Monday, nothing all to special happened, I was able to call home and talk to my family, and today was moving day. We then went hiking at Crystal Shores again, because it is so beautiful! After that we went shopping and then came home for the day. I called and talked to my family again, When I get home in October I will be in a new home, and it will for sure be different! After I talked to my family, I called the Mission Office to inform them of the address change so they can put it in the system. To end the night we just made a lot of calls, we were expecting to have a lesson with a recent referral we got but sadly he didn’t pick up,  we will continue to try!
     Tuesday not much has changed. Studies went really well one scripture in particular really stood out to me. (It can be found below) after lunch we had another devotional from President Beecroft, he talked about a couple experiences on his mission and how we never know who is ready to hear the  Gospel!  We continued to reach out to people and set up appointments. After dinner we then had our Gospel Principle lesson with Methuen and talked about "The Lords Covenant People"
     Wednesday was pretty fun! We got ready and I listened to a talk on Personal Revelation through prayer for a "Prepare to Learn" for exchanges with the Zone Leaders. (Basically the PTL is what we will talk about on exchanges). After lunch we went to the Chapel to do a virtual exchanges and I was with Elder Rindlisbacher. He actually came to the Mission field the same time as me! After the Exchange we called the apt office because our AC hasn't worked all to well and it had gotten into the 80°+ and it is just too hot to handle. They said they will be working on it with in the week. When we got back to the apt, we had another fun District Workout. After dinner we made the progress report for Billerica and asked members of Methuen if they had an extra AC unit we could borrow for a few days. Luckily the Allen's helped us out and Brother Van Zweeden said we could come pick up a fan to use. We then had coordination with Billerica and then to end the night picked up the Fan and the AC unit was dropped off at our apt! It feels much better now!
     Thursday was actually petty rough day for me. In the morning we had studies, it was a little hard for me to concentrate but I got through! We then had comp studies and lunch. Afterwards we had a Mission FHE and we learned a few dances and it was pretty fun. Afterwards it was time to call the family but my parents were busy so I took a quick nap. When I woke up I called them and I got a tour of our new home, and it looks pretty dang awesome! It was nice to talk to my Mom and Dad because the past few days have just been mentally draining, part of the reason is because of the AC in our apt not working. I feel the heat was getting to me and it all just became overwhelming.  I ended up just talking to my family for a while about what was going on. Afterwards I got a much needed blessing from my companion. With all of this I have done a lot of praying and reading trying to know what I should do, because I have had thoughts of going home early. I have the strongest prompting telling me that I am needed in the Mission Field right now, and I shouldn't go home early. After a little bit of time for me to calm down and rest we had dinner. Afterwards we had 4 lessons! The first was with Angel on the Restoration with a focus on the First Vision/Priesthood.  We then had our Gospel Principle class, one with each ward. To end the night we had a message with a member in Billerica and oh boy they talk forever! We asked 1 question and for 45 minutes we got two words in! It's okay though they have some awesome goals to share the Gospel!
     Friday went well and pretty quick.  After we got ready and had studies, we then had District Council. Our training was given by the Lynnfield Elders and they talked about building members trust along with what makes sharing the Gospel fun! It was pretty good! Afterwards we had lunch and finished up companion studies. We then had another Facebook training and this one was with the mission and it was basically just a Q and A. Afterwards we called and did our virtual exchange with the Lawrence Elders. I was with Elder Gabbitas, it was a nice little break from everything going on! Right after we ended exchanges, we did a Zone call and made brownies! It was pretty fun and we got to know the other District better. After dinner we called the Bulloughs and had a short message with them, it was just Sister Bullough and her two sons who were back and forth. They ended up really liking the little magic trick I did! To end the night we called and shared a message with Sister Shawcross, unfortunately it was just a call and not a video call but it was still really awesome, because she is a returning member!
     Saturday morning I started to read "Jesus the Christ" by James E. Talmage, it sure is a big book but I am excited to be uplifted with its words! Fun fact "Jesus the Christ" is the only book written in the Temple! At 10 we had a surprise FB training... this one was for just the Admins, we went over how we can be quicker at responses and reaching out to those who comment and message on the page. After we finished up comp studies and I called and talked to President, he just wanted to check in on me because I messaged him about the other day. After the call with him we reached out to a few people. We talked to Sister Stapleton asking if there was anything we can do to help Betty out. She recommends a few other Sisters in the ward to join us in our lessons. We reached out to Sister Lim and she was so happy to help out! Afterwards we did the Methuen Progress report for Coordination tomorrow morning. After dinner we continued to reach out to people but sadly not a lot of responses. To end the night we had a great lesson with Sister Lim and Betty, sadly Sister Stapleton couldn't make it. It was pretty cool that we were prompted to ask Sister Stapleton what we can do to help, because we were able to have a member present in the lesson! It went really well, and we talked about the Restoration and receiving personal Revelation! Sister Lim had some amazing insights that helped Betty out!
     Sunday went pretty well. Right after we got ready we had coordination with Methuen. We then had some time to do personal studies before we had our mission wide Sunday service. We had three great talks, one about following the Prophet, another on "Christ can heal all wounds", and the final talk was on the importance of Acting on Spiritual Experiences! After our Mission wide Sunday Service, we had another one with Angel, the Chipman’s, and the Aldrich's, it went really well! We had a short little break then we had a message with the Swanson family on reading the scriptures to find answers to our prayers. It was cool to hear Zarah and her experiences with praying and asking questions then opening up the Bible to read and finding the answers.  We then finally had lunch and did companion studies. We then called a few members to check in on them and made a post for the FB page. Sadly we had a lesson planned and the lady never picked up so we will try again in a couple days. After dinner we were able to be apart of a Stake Youth fireside, along with 4 returned missionaries in the stake. It was all about finding purpose and gratitude! We both had a really fun time with it and afterwards we had some members that were present thanking us for the words we shared! All in all it was a good day.


                     Alma 5:19

     "19 I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?"

     Times are getting harder to live in for sure! As we continue to push through these challenging times are we still keeping our hearts pure and our hands clean? I know I am, it is so important to follow this advice, because we will all be judged, and I know I want to be worthy to enter into Gods Kingdom. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment