Thursday, June 25, 2020

Sad to leave Methuen, but excited for my new opportunities and area.







Week 89  June 22-2020
     Monday morning after we got ready we made our way to ALDI to go shipping. When we got back home we had our last virtual District P-day. We played a short game of “Never Have I Ever”, most of it was just talking and saying goodbye. We then called home and talked to our families, shortly after we went to Salem NH and checked out  "American Stonehenge". These are 4,000 year old structures, well what's left of it. It was pretty cool to check it all out and to see how they used stars to navigate and place everything where it is on the way home we hit up Walmart for a few things and then came home. We relaxed, called home again and had dinner dropped off. To end the night we had a lesson planned but no one answered, so we reached out to a few more people.
     Tuesday went pretty well, we got up and ready and then I packed up my study supplies. We then went to Walmart so I could get packing tape and then dropped off my two packages at the Post Office to be sent home. When we got back we had lunch and then had a Mission Devotional. Throughout the day we messaged people and said my goodbyes. We ended up having two meals because an older member didn’t know how to use our online dinner calendar. Luckily it was able to be put in the freezer and saved for later. We went to the Church to film a couple of videos and take some pictures at the Chapel. When we got home, we had dinner dropped off from another member, and it was shrimp and potatoes, It was soooo good! To end the night we messaged a few people and had my final Gospel Principle call with Methuen! It sure was sad to say my goodbyes but I know I am needed in Norwich/Ashford.
     Wednesday was a pretty long day full of driving. When I woke up I finished up packing my bedding and bathroom supplies. We then packed up the car and then made our way down to the Weston Chapel. On the way down we stopped by to see the Billerica Chapel so I could get pictures in front of it. It is a pretty nice Chapel! We then hit a Wendy's for breakfast and then we said some goodbyes to a few missionaries that were going home while we waited for our new comps. We unloaded my luggage and packed it into the new car and we then officially made our way down to Norwich.  It was another 2 hour drive, but I really enjoyed the drive it is so pretty out here in New England! When we got home I unpacked and settled in, and took a short break to relax and had lunch. The rest of the day was slower and we did some contacting. After dinner we had lesson with Johnx he is a recent convert. We call him everyday to read the scriptures with him. We did more contacting for the rest of the night. After 9 we called two of the companionships in the District, I wanted to introduce myself and get to know the District more!
     Thursday-Sunday really nothing to big, it is a slower area. We had a few meetings because I am the District leader, one with President, one with the Zone Leaders and one with the District. All of them were pretty much the same and were about what we want to implement this transfer to help the work grow! We also had an awesome devotional where we heard from a couple General Authority 70s and an Area 70! It was pretty cool. Sunday I gave a little talk in the Ashford Sacrament to introduce myself and share my testimony.  It was also really cool to talk to my Dad on Fathers Day! All In all this area will be a slower one but I know I am needed here! Sunday night I was able to do my first official call ins to see how each member of the District is doing.

   
                    Psalms 19:10

     "10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."

     My whole life I grew up with honey from of my dads beehives. (He is a beekeeper), I have also had honeycomb, his honey is honestly the sweetest thing I have ever tasted! It truly is like gold as it takes a honeybees whole life to make a teaspoon of honey, That is so crazy! But even more sweeter than honey is Christ’s Gospel! I know that the Book of Mormon has the fullness of the Gospel and I promise you that your soul will delight in its sweetness if you take the time to read it! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment