Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The power of Personal Revelation

The little Church we visited
Elder Maldonado my new companion in Norwitch Ct
Norwitch Ct Elder Gardner & Elder Reed and Elder Maldonado
Brother Moseley dropped off food






Week 88 June 29th 2020

     It's been a week full of contacting people and trying to set up lessons. Every night we call and talk to John, a recent convert and we read the Book of Mormon with him. One thing Elder Maldonado and I have started is on Wednesday afternoons we will call and have short comp study with Elder Hodgkinson! We also had Zone Conference and it was pretty cool because it was just our Zone. The focus was on finding, member work and building companionship love and unity. We have met with a few more members and had some members order dinner for us.
     We were able to have a lesson with a few people we are teaching, Peg, Anthony, Gabby, and Todd. They all went really well! We also had a few good member visits where we shared a brief message and got to know them more, the Browns, Sister Boulanger, Sister Covey (a new member),the Owen's family (they seem so fun and amazing !),Sister LeChausse, we were also able to meet Brother Mosley (dropped off dinner for us.
     Over the weekend we had an awesome District Council training on "Our Purpose and how it is still the same". On Saturday we made a rode trip to drop off some supplies (pamphlets and Book of Mormon’s) to the Elders in my District.  We had Haitian Créole for Westerly and English for Quaker Hill. While in our travels we went to a Walmart and they had the Camera I want, a Cannon EOS Rebel T100, So I bought it! While at the Quaker Hill apt I tried to make my 13 min cake and the microwave broke... they will need to call in and get a new one from the mission office. Later that night we did a Bible drop off and turns out it was at a place where they were about to have Bible studies. They told us it had to be around 6. So we were able to meet Pastor Paul and here a little sermon, I guess you could say. It was interesting but really cool, we read John 3:16 and we also talked about how the Holy Ghost is the teacher! Definitely an experience I will never forget!
 

                          My message

     This week will be a little different because there isn’t as much to do in the area. The whole district had some slow areas, but I just wanted to share a message about Personal Revelation.  Earlier in the week I was praying in bed just having a conversation with Heavenly Father. At least for me I could feel as He truly was listening and he was responding! I had a few questions on how I can Improve as a District Leader and what to share with an Elder in my District to prepare for an exchange. I got a clear answer to go look at a talk. I was told to look at the 15th talk that Elder Holland gave at General Conference. As I listened to it the next morning it helped me personally along with having new insights to help the ones I am teaching! I will he having exchanges with Elder Gardber this upcoming week.
      Revelation and personal revelation is so important to our spiritual growth! When revelation is given to our leaders it is for them to best help us, and everyone they are over. On the other hand when we receive our own promptings from the spirit that is "Personal Revelation" and it is meant to help us in our own spiritual growth! How everyone receives it can be different. For me, I have had many times where I have heard a voice. I remember back in April 2018 I was in the car with my Mom and I felt prompted to tell her that I am the one that needs to pay for my Mission. By this time I had saved up enough money to do so! Because of this experience it has made my mission so much more meaningful to me and it had strengthened my desire to serve the Lord. More importantly, I am on My Mission to help others come to know for themselves the Truthfulness of this Church.
      I know that in my life I have had many promptings that I have followed that have helped me come closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon truly is the Word of God! I know that Joseph Smith truly did see God the Father and his son Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove, and I know that he was called to be the prophet to help restore Christ’s New Testament Church here on the Earth today.  Finally I know that President Russell M. Nelson is the prophet today and he leads Christ’s Church through revelation from Christ ! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment