Monday, July 6, 2020

4th of July Week

Norwich CT 4th of July 2020
Norwich CT District and Zone LEaders
Norwich CT Exchanges with Elder Gardner & Ried
My Mission President and Wife
Norwich Ct. Ashford Chapel
Norwich Ct Moving Elders 












Norwich CT Zone Leaders Elder Acker & Alexander
Happy 4th of July
Week 90 7- 6-20 4th of July

     This week was pretty good, still have done a ton of texting people that were taught in the past along with members, just trying to set up appointments to keep us busy! We had a few good lessons as well! Also Happy Independence Day Weekend! I hope y'all had fun! I ate half of a watermelon!
     As usual we call John every night to read the Book of Mormon, we also met with Sister Lori Egdbird (she bought us Olive Garden this week!) That's it for members. We also had lessons with Gabby and Peg, we are trying to set up more appointments, so hopefully the coming weeks will get busier.
     Monday we played some Golf and I totally missed my first hit! We had a Zone P-day and played the game Mafia, basically It’s Werewolf. Both Wednesday and Thursday we had virtual exchanges, on Wednesday I was with Elder Acker (my Zone Leader) here in Norwich, and on Thursday I was in Westerly with Elder Gardner. It was cool to get to know both of them better. Sunday we decided to head to the Ashford Chapel to check it out, it was pretty fun we ended up having Interviews today because President is just so busy! All I know is I am most likely becoming a "Micro Zone Leader". It just means I am going to have a large District! Six companionships including mine. In the coming weeks we are getting more reassigned missionaries and they need apartments to stay in. Our complex had two open apartments that are good for food & Spanish areas! Sooo stay tuned! Before we came home I did a squat to pick up my stuff off of the ground and my suite pants ripped to where it can’t be fixed!
     My message this week is "Being a Shepard". One thing I find amazing in the Church is the efforts on "ministering" to others. It reminds me of a lesson/story I learned from a previous companion of mine, Elder Johnson. (I can't remember the country) so let's say I'm Egypt there was a farmer and he noticed that a very high up person had hit one of his sheep. Now this farmer had two choices he could accept the rulers money that was worth 10 sheep, but if he accepted it, the farmer would have to sacrifice the hurt sheep.
     This farmer who could really use the money did not accept it.  He took this hurt sheep back to the farmhouse and nurtured it back to health! Just as this farmer is, this is who Christ is! Christ dies not to give us away for menial things, No, He knows us by name, he (the Savior) takes us back to the fold and nurtures us back to full health! We should do the same, when we see that someone is hurt, let us not just " shove it under the rug". We should reach out to them letting them know that they are loved and cared for.  Each and everyone of us are so important to God, He loves us more than we can ever comprehend! If you need someone to talk to, send me an Email, I will help you out! (See email below) I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
     My email is brayden.knowlden@missionary.org

No comments:

Post a Comment