Wednesday, July 15, 2020

99 days left to serve my Mission

Norwich Ct. Exchanges with Elder Reid
Norwich Ct Elder Shearer & Atwood and my companion



Hit my 99
Week 91 7-13-20


     Slowly we are seeing the work progress! We had a couple exchanges this past week. I was with Elder Shearer in Wednesday and Elder Reid on Friday. Both of them are amazing missionaries and I am glad I am able to serve around them! Saturday morning we made our way down to the Groton Chapel to meet the Westerly/Groton Elders, so I could sign the baptismal interview sheet along with dropping off baptismal suits! It was pretty fun just to get a change of scenery!
     We continue to have our daily calls with John, helping him with his understanding of the Book of Mormon. We also started teaching two new people, one for each ward! While making a ton of calls and sending texts, earlier in the week we called a man named Danny, when we did so he mentioned that he had a feeling we were going to be calling today! It was pretty cool and we had a good conversation with him! We hope to talk with him again soon.
     The biggest change happened Saturday night, we found out about more reassigned missionaries coming into the mission. There will be two companionships added to the New London Stake (the zone I am in). Sadly the District will be split and I will still be the District Leader over Ashford and the Westerly/Groton Elders. Sadly this coming week I will no longer be over Ashford as an area of service. On the bright side we can now be allowed to attend Sunday services in person!! (Only if the ward you are in is having it). We were able to join the Ashford Ward for a short Sunday service, it was so awesome to be able to be back!

     This week I wanted to focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. When I was In the MTC my companion at the time Elder Ethan Bond said something that I haven’t forgotten "You cannot use the atonement for good until you use it for bad". The Atonement, Christ’s Sacrifice for us to be able to be forgiven of our sins, flaws, mistakes, acts. We are all human and we will make mistakes. I've made plenty and I know that I will make many more throughout my life, but that's okay! I am so happy to have a Father in Heaven that gave up his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ so that we can be able to live with Him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment