Tuesday, September 22, 2020

 


Beautiful Hydrangea


Herding Goats for Service




Elder Trottier and Knowlden

 WEEK 101  Sept- 22, 2020

 It was a pretty good week, not too much happened. Elder Trottier’s COVID test came back negative so we can now officially leave the apt! We were able to go out to shop that night, because we didn’t have much to eat. We have done a lot of contacting members and people taught in the past and we have had some luck. It's hard because we have a new phone number and email than what the two wards had previously. Thursday we ended up picking up our Zone Leaders from a vacant apt because they live with us but we were on quarantine. 

     It has been pretty fun with them! They are Elder Hubbs and Elder James! I served with Elder James last year in Plymouth. We also started service projects this past week, we are helping out at a Conservation Land and this past week we herded goats into a pasture so they could graze while we trimmed vines. It was honestly really fun! Friday we were able to have in person District Council and it was pretty fun, we have 6 companionships! 

     On Sunday we were able to attend Sunday School for Belmont 2nd ward and then the Sunday Service for Belmont 1st Ward. Shortly after that we had the Mission Sunday Service. We then had an in person lesson! We had it with Brother Carlisle, his daughter Gemma and her friend Chloe! At night we had Missionary Coordination with Belmont 2nd Ward and that went well! Brother Carter is the Ward Mission Leader and a World Renowned Brain Surgeon! He told me he could be my life long consultant when it comes to brain surgery! All in all it was a good week!

     

     This week I want to talk about "letting Christ wash your feet". This goes back to the New Testament right before Christ will go into the Garden of Gethsemane and He is at the Last Supper with his 12 Apostles. He gets down and washes their feet. For Jesus to do this, it is a huge thing because this is a humble experience to be at. Peter told Jesus that he didn’t want him to wash his feet. Jesus responded with if I wash you not, you have no part with me. Peter then goes to say I want you to wash my feet, my hands and my head!

     I love Peter's response, and it is exactly how we should respond in our lives! As I have met many people on my mission, a lot of them aren't humble enough to let Christ wash their feet, and others are like Peter and letting them wash their whole body spiritually so to say. As we go on I ponder on how can I be like Jesus and wash one another’s feet. As we truly show Christ like love for others and help them know that they are loved, and they are needed, especially during crazy times like these, that is how we can wash one another's feet. That is my invitation for you! I invite you to pray and ask Heavenly Father, who needs help, and help them! This will not only bless their lives but it will bring you peace and happiness to yours! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

 


No comments:

Post a Comment