Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Week 100

 

My New Companion Elder Trottier


Saying Goodbye to Elder Stephenson         


Famous Frozen Lemonade from Rhode Island

Norwich Ginny from Service

Norwich Ct Chapel

Outside my new apt in Belmont MA 

Taylor Swift Home on the border of Rhode Island



Week 100  Sept 14, 2020

   Belmont MA


  Over a year ago I made it a goal to finish reading the whole Bible, as of Sunday night I accomplished that goal of mine! As I continue on in life, I hope to continue to strengthen mine understand of these wonderful scriptures! As for the Book of Mormon I am over 50% finished with it being my 7th time reading while on my mission! 

     It was a pretty crazy week. I said goodbye to Norwich and my wonderful District. I had a good 2 transfers and 6 companions while in Norwich. As I have 3 weeks left I am now In Belmont, by far my smallest area. My whole area is just the 1 city of Belmont and I cover two Wards, the Boston Temple is even in my area!

     Wednesday was pretty strange we had two times for transfers one at 10 am and one at 6pm. 12 missionaries had to come a day late because of all the wind in Utah because a luggage cart hit the plane! After we hit transfers at 10 I said goodbye to Elder Stephenson and was in a trio for the day until my new companion came into the mission. I hung out with Elder Lee and Elder Hubbs, and it was pretty fun!

     We go back to transfers that night and I get to meet Elder Trottier from Ceder Hills Utah, and I am excited to be with him! We were originally going to be a 4 Elder apartment but the other two Elders didn’t want to do a quarantine so it's just Elder Trottier and I until we get his test done and get the results back!.

     It is a pretty fun area so far, we are teaching a lady by the name of Kitty and she is 97 years old, and she is from Austria, She has a pretty cool life story! We are also teaching a few doctors, so it's a pretty cool area to learn in. I am excited to be here even of it is just for a few weeks!

   

     I want to share with you “the power of prayer”. Near the beginning of my mission I served on the Island of Martha's Vineyard, it was during the winter season, by the end I truly did enjoy my time there! But the first two weeks I absolutely hated it!, I even called my Mission President asking to be sent to a new area. As you can probably tell I ended up being there for 12 weeks! While there I felt like I was in a massive point of isolation and just away from everyone. At this point we still weren't aloud to call home every week, before that I hadn’t called to talk to my family in a couple months. So to say the least I was not happy to be there. While on the Vineyard I got put on medication and anxiety along with meeting with a therapist. I got the help I needed and it was awesome for me. Before that I prayed and I personally felt as if this is something I needed to do. The Church also came out with the option to call home weekly!

     While on the Island I prayed about this one question quite often, "Heavenly Father, why did you send me to the Vineyard?" After I got transferred I didn't ever think about that question again. It wasn't until over a year after I left the Vineyard that my prayer was answered! It was because of this whole pandemic actually! While I was in Methuen my companion at the time helped me realize it! If I did not have that experience on the Vineyard, I would have gone home when this new self -isolation/quarantine hit. I wouldn't have been able to mentally or emotionally been able to do it. Right then is when I know that God truly does answer our prayers! The lesson I learned also was, it will be answered in His time! It took over a year but my prayer was answered! If you feel as if your prayers are not being answered, I promise you that they will be, just be patient! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment