Wednesday, September 2, 2020

New Companion Elder Stephenson & 21st Birthday










Week #98  9-1-20

   It's been a slower week but hey that's okay! The first half was spent with Elder Thurman and now he is in Cambridge starting the Tagalog program in the Massachusetts Boston Mission, It is so awesome for him! 

     Wednesday we went up to Weston for Transfers. My new companion’s name is Elder Stephenson and he has been out for 14 months. I am excited to be able to serve with him. Wednesday was also my 21st Birthday and we went out to Panda Express for lunch, it was so good! Elder Stephenson is pretty cool a couple times this week we have wrestled and it had been a long time!  Other than that not much has happened this week, so until next time ...  


     This past week a friend from high school reached out to me.  I haven't talked to him in about 4 years so it was a surprise to say the least. He really opened up to me because he was confused to why God was letting God things happen to him when he wasn't doing good things in his past. He is going to have a kid soon and he has done a lot of praying, he asked for help and guidance, along with this he also has prayed for forgiveness. So what I want to focus on really is "Why does God bless us when we feel we don’t deserve it". 

     One thing I love about missionary work is typically that very first thing we teach is that God is our LOVING Heavenly Father! This is so true, and there are so many scriptures that let us know this, one being John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". It doesn't say that God only loved the Jews, or the Gentiles alone but it says that God loves the WORLD! 

     On this Earth Jesus Christ did many amazing things but my favorite thing that He did is, He atoned for my sins, and for your sins, all of our sins! Jesus Christ truly does know how we feel when we make a mistake or when we mess up, because He felt that! I don't know about y'all but I've made many mistakes and I have felt great sorrow for them, but Christ went through so much more than I just so He can be there to comfort me when I do mess up. I know that my Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us the same.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment